Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2016 9:24:17 PM EDT
As a permited  Ga resident,  are there restrictions on where my pistol can be in my car.  I understand you have a new law as of August this year. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends if you have a CCW or not.  

§ 13A-11-73
Permit to carry pistol in vehicle or concealed on person -- Required;
possession of unloaded pistol in motor vehicle.
(a) Except on land under his or her control or in his or her own abode or his or her own fixed
place of business, no person shall carry a pistol in any vehicle or concealed on or about his or her
person without a permit issued under Section 13A-11-75(a)(1) or recognized under Section 13A-
11-85.
(b) Except as otherwise prohibited by law, a person legally permitted to possess a pistol, but who
does not possess a valid concealed weapon permit, may possess an unloaded pistol in his or her
motor vehicle if the pistol is locked in a compartment or container that is in or affixed securely to
the vehicle and out of reach of the driver and any passenger in the vehicle.
(Acts 1936, Ex. Sess., No. 82, p. 51; Code 1940, T. 14, § 175; Acts 1947, No. 616, p. 463, § 3; Acts 1951, No. 784,
p. 1378; Acts 1956, 2nd Ex. Sess., No. 43, p. 336; Code 1975, § 13-6-153; Act 2013-283, § 2.)
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top