Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2016 12:45:20 PM EDT
What has changed on this site that by the time I read through a thread, I have 50 links to ads that I have to right-click and work my way through on the back button,
before I can get back to the previous forum page? It's only been doing that for about a week.

Anyone else notice?

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What has changed on this site that by the time I read through a thread, I have 50 links to ads that I have to right-click and work my way through on the back button,
before I can get back to the previous forum page? It's only been doing that for about a week.

Anyone else notice?

View Quote

Sounds like you caught the browser AIDS.

You have some kind of malware on your computer, but not related to ARFcom
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Clear cookies, cache, and history.  If you are using Firefox, you can do a refresh.  Do a virus and malware scan.  As a last resort you can uninstall and reinstall all but IE.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Clearing cache and cookies in IE did the trick...

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I spoke too soon. It's doing it again, but only on this site..... it's very aggravating
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I spoke too soon. It's doing it again, but only on this site..... it's very aggravating
View Quote

Do virus and Malware scans.  Reinstalling IE is not easy.  And check under Control Panel-> Uninstall Programs to see if something got installed such as a Google Toolbar.  Also look at your Internet Explorer Add-ons and Plugins.  As a Last resort, try posting screen prints here.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Switch to Firefox and download the Adblock Plus add-on.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I switched to using Chrome exclusively and haven't had the issue return...

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top