Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2016 12:57:07 PM EDT
I got a speeding ticket in Randolph county the other day.  I plan to pay the ticket but wanted to know if I could go to drivers school and have it removed from my record.  I drive a good bit for work in a company car and my job is dependent on my driving record.  77 in a 55.  My last ticket was in 1997.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You would have to check with the court magistrate in the jurisdiction that issued the citation.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The phone number to the court is on the bottom right of the citation, they should be cool with it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Spoke to the magistrate.    Because I had a ticket 19 years ago I don't qualify to go to driver school and get the ticket forgiven.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Speeding tickets are a total Scam.  The cops can't actually prove that you were going that fast.  All that the judge has is the Word of the Cop.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought the same Bama.  A friend of a friend worked at Hoover court and said there are two background check systems they use to check past mvr history.  Apparently they used the FBI nics system which pulls up everything.  I've heard several other counties are much more forgiving.  The friend of a friend said the judges can change that requirement periodically depending on current cases ( or mood).

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:47:39 AM EDT
[#9]
If all else fails you can try going to court and asking the judge for leniency.  No clue what the standard way of doing business is in that district though.  But it might help.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
It depends on the judge and the area in Alabama.  I had a judge tell me no driving school, because I have a CDL, and another judge in the same jurisdiction tell me driving school was no problem.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a ticket issued by a State Trooper in Etowah county about 2 years ago.. 62 in a 55. Called the judge to ask about driving class and was told "Grow up son, you earned it you got to pay it" first and last speeding ticket I ever got lol
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a ticket issued by a State Trooper in Etowah county about 2 years ago.. 62 in a 55. Called the judge to ask about driving class and was told "Grow up son, you earned it you got to pay it" first and last speeding ticket I ever got lol
View Quote

I thought my 64 on a 55 on rural section of an interstate was bad... Maryland about 1984... had a DW 41VH8 sitting on the passenger seat, he didn't bust me for that, so I didn't argue...back then as I recall, the ticket was 35.00 ;)
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I thought my 64 on a 55 on rural section of an interstate was bad... Maryland about 1984... had a DW 41VH8 sitting on the passenger seat, he didn't bust me for that, so I didn't argue...back then as I recall, the ticket was 35.00 ;)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

mine was around $220
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Speeding tickets are a total Scam.  The cops can't actually prove that you were going that fast.  All that the judge has is the Word of the Cop.
View Quote

^---- Note the fringe.

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://blog.myscoutstuff.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/USflag.jpg

^---- Note the fringe.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently they have some sort of new, 1940's technology to prove how fast you were going...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_gun
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm actually surprised you got a ticket.  The troopers I know now, or have known in the past, would have just given you a warning for 62 in a 55.  They wouldn't write you a ticket until you were 10 or 15 over.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Apparently they have some sort of new, 1940's technology to prove how fast you were going...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

in a traffic environment we find that many things, including wind-blown trees and signs may be moving. The officer is also under constant electronic bombardment, with ambient electronic interference being emitted by his own radio, CB radios, cellular phones, intrusion alarms, Amateur Radio operators, air traffic radar, telephone microwave links. Some or these can create "ghost" readings,

http://www.pbelectronics.com/ghost_readings.htm
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

NYPD rocked by massive corruption probe

http://nypost.com/2016/04/05/fbi-investigating-nypd-for-alleged-gifts-for-favors-scandal/
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#21]

What does that have to do with traffic citations in Alabama?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top