Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2016 9:23:48 PM EDT
[url=http://www.waff.com/story/31099539/rainbow-city-officer-arrested-on-sex-crime-charge]http://www.waff.com/story/31099539/rainbow-city-officer-arrested-on-sex-crime-charge[/u
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#1]
The article does not go into that kind of detail.  Do you have personal knowledge or is there another link somewhere?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
That's all the knowledge I have of it , no personal knowledge
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
How did you get the felony sodomy charge? Nothing listed in the article. It only referred to his involvement in a sex crime. The article say other charges are pending investigation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Comments section on one of the articles on it. If that's not the charge does anyone know what it is ?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I read the article you mentioned. The AL.com is much more detailed and states what you mentioned. Here is the link. I dont know him but I almost took one of his classes. People need to stay cool headed because the evidence has not been presented.
http://www.al.com/news/anniston-gadsden/index.ssf/2016/02/former_rainbow_city_police_off.html

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never resign.

I never met the guy but I hear lots of good things about the TD classes.

View Quote

Chase is a good dude. I've spent a lot of time with him over at TD.

I'll stand by him on this.

Fucking vindictive women! I've been in those shoes before, although it never made it to charges.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry to hear it.  I hope everything turns out to be false and it all works out for him.

Yeah, I believe the woman bit.  They can and will say anything if they are crazy enough.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Full disclosure.

Chase is a student of mine, but more importantly a friend for 10yrs or so.

I have no direct knowledge of this.
However, it is alleged that the complainant is his wife, and that multiple video tapes made by her exist.

You may draw your own conclusions.

I pray that this was the result of a vindictive spouse.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Full disclosure.

Chase is a student of mine, but more importantly a friend for 10yrs or so.

I have no direct knowledge of this.
However, it is alleged that the complainant is his wife, and that multiple video tapes made by her exist.

You may draw your own conclusions.

I pray that this was the result of a vindictive spouse.
View Quote

You and me both.

Chase is good people.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#13]
It has been difficult to keep from posting here about this issue but I have waited ...until now. It has angered me to see how people jump to conclusions about someone they don't know or don't know well enough to talk about. I am praying for Chase and his attorneys and ask that anyone who cares about him does the same. You have my full support my friend!! This was just posted on Chase's personal Facebook page by his attorney.

Chase Jenkins

51 mins ·

Hello Everyone. My name is James Shelnutt of the Shelnutt Law Firm, P.C. in Gadsden and I'm one of the attorney's representing Chase. Chase has asked me to reach out to his friends and family and update them about what's going on. There has been a lot of disinformation in the media and through comments on various websites that's inaccurate and blatantly false and I hope that what I'm about to say will clarify some things. Here are the facts:

Chase was charged with a felony offense stemming from allegations made by his spouse. Chase adamantly denies the allegations in this case and maintains his innocence. There is no allegation that Chase did anything wrong in his capacity as a police officer, no allegations that there was any child involved and no allegations that there are any other persons involved other than the accuser. Unfortunately, in Alabama, anyone can make an "allegation" that results in there being a warrant issued for your arrest. Any person, including a police officer reading this blog, can be arrested based solely on another person’s accusation. Furthermore, if all the facts were known in this case, many people would be outraged that his charges are still pending.

Even though Chase had spent his entire career taking dangerous criminals off the street and had dedicated much of his career to training police officers how to safely deal with violent criminals, he was not even given the benefit of having an investigator ask his side of the story before a warrant was issued for his arrest. When chase went to give a statement, the warrant was already issued and the decision to prosecute had already been made. Within 24 hours, a press release had already been sent to the Gadsden Times along with Chase's arrest and booking picture and, shortly afterwards, Chase had his picture plastered on the front page of the Gadsden Times. After that, the trial by public had began.

Within days, the Gadsden Times news article had been shared over 10,000 times and it only told a one sided story. Our office issued a "blistering" response to the Gadsden Times Article and Birmingham news outlets in the form of a press release. However, although the media is quick to plaster a persons picture on the front page of the paper, website or televisions screen, they're very reluctant to post any negative comments about the accusers credibility, no matter how bad it is. We certainly respect the job that the investigators have to do and what I'm about to say is not meant to bash the Sheriff's Office or District Attorney's Office. However, multiple witnesses had not been spoken to and much evidence had not even been considered or known when Chase's warrant was issued.

Unfortunately, it's easy in today's society to form the opinion that just because a person is arrested, he/she must be guilty. I even catch myself doing this sometimes. However, in this case, be slow to pass judgment. Things are not as they appear in the paper and there will be some very interesting and "enlightening" facts that come out at trial if this case makes it that far. There is still a "possibility" that the district attorney's office will take another look at this case once they have interviewed ALL RELEVANT WITNESSES and reviewed ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE and will agree to dismiss this case. There is also the possibility that the sheriff's office could make a recommendation to the district attorney's office to dismiss the case. However, it's much more likely that they will circle the wagons and proceed with the case now that they've committed themselves. In the meantime, we're gathering our own evidence, interviewing witnesses, issuing subpoenas and preparing for trial. This will likely be a lengthy process.

As of this moment, which is Thursday February 4th and 3:35 p.m., Chase is currently still at the Etowah County Jail. A bond hearing was held this morning and we aggressively argued for bond on Chase's behalf. The District Attorney's Office argued against setting a bond even though he has no violent history, no threats have been made and even after acknowledging that Chase dedicated his career to protecting people. To say that Mr. Reid and I "went at it" during these arguments is an understatement. Judge Clay has taken the arguments on bond under advisement and we anticipate that there will be a ruling tomorrow or Monday on bond. We do believe he will be set a bond soon.

In the meantime, Chase has not seen his son in almost a week and this is what has bothered him the most. Next in line would be the thought that any of you or his other friends and family would believe that he did what he's accused of doing. Developments in the case will be posted on this facebook page and on my law firm website under the "blog" tab. I've included a link to our law firm website below. Please share this facebook post to anyone who knows Chase and also ask that they pray for the following things:

Please pray:

1. That Gods will be done in this situation

2. That the Lord will give Chase strength and peace to endure this hardship

3. For peace and comfort for his son "Talon" who misses his dad

4. That the truth will be revealed.

5. For a spirit of conviction for those who have made false statements so that they will be willing to reveal the truth

6. That those with the authority to make decisions in this case will view this case with honest and open eyes and have the courage to make the right decisions, even though they may not be "politically correct"

7. For the Lord to give his attorney's wisdom and discernment as this case progresses.

Chase has also asked that I let everyone know that all upcoming classes with Talon Defense will be cancelled until further notice and refunds will be given for anyone who has pre-paid for a class. Someone will contact you about your refund in the near future.

Also, if anyone has any information that they believe would be helpful to his defense, please contact my office. We would like to confidentially speak with you. Our contact information is on our website.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks LawnGuy.

Prayers are out.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#15]
"Deep in the heart of every woman, there lies the soul of a German sniper. Once she decides to get you, she will do anything, no matter what the cost." --attributed to Clint Smith
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"Deep in the heart of every woman, there lies the soul of a German sniper. Once she decides to get you, she will do anything, no matter what the cost." --attributed to Clint Smith
View Quote

Truth.

Those of us that have seen that shit get it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is there a Gofundme, or a legal defense fund set up anywhere?

You don't have to post it (Stryker would have to approve it).  

IM me.
View Quote

In progress. I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I presently live in another state, but will be moving to Alabama. What I don't understand, unless it was forced and/or rape, what's the big deal about poking a woman in the ass? Other than the religious and perhaps those that have a strong objection from a  moral viewpoint (from their upbringing), I say what goes on between consenting adults is their business.

And perhaps not caring about being politically correct- I say If more people of a certain population segment practiced it, there would be fewer mothers and kids on Welfare and Food Stamps! You have to admit, it is a good form of birth control!  
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I presently live in another state, but will be moving to Alabama. What I don't understand, unless it was forced and/or rape, what's the big deal about poking a woman in the ass? Other than the religious and perhaps those that have a strong objection from a  moral viewpoint (from their upbringing), I say what goes on between consenting adults is their business.

And perhaps not caring about being politically correct- I say If more people of a certain population segment practiced it, there would be fewer mothers and kids on Welfare and Food Stamps! You have to admit, it is a good form of birth control!  
View Quote

The lawyer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the charge in question is related to being "forced".

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's easier to pass AIDS that way.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

ok, so this is a pretty common misconception but by Alabama code Sodomy is not necessarily what you might think it is.... it can be the Biblical definition but by code it can be:

Search ALA CODE § 13A-6-63 : Alabama Code - Section 13A-6-63: SODOMY IN THE FIRST DEGREE
a) A person commits the crime of sodomy in the first degree if:(1) He engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person by forcible compulsion; or
(2) He engages in deviate sexual intercourse with a person who is incapable of consent by reason of being physically helpless or mentally incapacitated; or
(3) He, being 16 years old or older, engages in deviate sexual intercourse with a person who is less than 12 years old.(b) Sodomy in the first degree is a Class A felony

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
ok, so this is a pretty common misconception but by Alabama code Sodomy is not necessarily what you might think it is.... it can be the Biblical definition but by code it can be:

Search ALA CODE § 13A-6-63 : Alabama Code - Section 13A-6-63: SODOMY IN THE FIRST DEGREE

a) A person commits the crime of sodomy in the first degree if:(1) He engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person by forcible compulsion; or

(2) He engages in deviate sexual intercourse with a person who is incapable of consent by reason of being physically helpless or mentally incapacitated; or

(3) He, being 16 years old or older, engages in deviate sexual intercourse with a person who is less than 12 years old.(b) Sodomy in the first degree is a Class A felony

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't there definitions that go along with that section

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#25]
If forced- it is NEVER right! Rape is rape.  And if kids are involved- then the death penalty should be given as far as I am concerned.

Of course- when I get my yearly exam and the doc checks my prostate- well- I guess it's consensual, but it sure feels FORCED!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure... I'm not Alabama LE So i can't answer that. If you know please post the info...
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you think the definition would be logically is not what the state of Alabama defines it...its like Alabama's state definition of a pistol . Found out two things that are defined very differently by state law over the logical definition. Government throws logic out the window.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm not sure... I'm not Alabama LE So i can't answer that. If you know please post the info...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not LE either, for the record.

<h5>Section 13A-6-60</h5>

Definitions.

The following definitions apply in this article:

(1) SEXUAL INTERCOURSE. Such term has its ordinary meaning and occurs
upon any penetration, however slight; emission is not required.

(2) DEVIATE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE. Any act of sexual gratification
between persons not married to each other involving the sex organs of
one person and the mouth or anus of another.

(3) SEXUAL CONTACT. Any touching of the sexual or other intimate
parts of a person not married to the actor, done for the purpose of
gratifying the sexual desire of either party.

(4) FEMALE. Any female person.

(5) MENTALLY DEFECTIVE. Such term means that a person suffers from a
mental disease or defect which renders him incapable of appraising the
nature of his conduct.

(6) MENTALLY INCAPACITATED. Such term means that a person is rendered
temporarily incapable of appraising or controlling his conduct owing to
the influence of a narcotic or intoxicating substance administered to
him without his consent, or to any other incapacitating act committed
upon him without his consent.

(7) PHYSICALLY HELPLESS. Such term means that a person is unconscious
or for any other reason is physically unable to communicate
unwillingness to an act.

(8) FORCIBLE COMPULSION. Physical force that overcomes earnest
resistance or a threat, express or implied, that places a person in fear
of immediate death or serious physical injury to himself or another
person.

<h5>(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §2301; Acts 1988, No. 88-339, p. 515.)</h5>http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/alison/codeofalabama/1975/13A-6-60.htm

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey legal-dude.

Update?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Any update to this situation?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Jenkins was arrested on a First Degree Sodomy charge in January and has been behind bars since that time. The incident reportedly occurred while Jenkins was off-duty and had taken place with an adult female whom he was acquainted with.

http://www.waff.com/story/31099539/rainbow-city-officer-arrested-on-sex-crime-charge
View Quote

He's out now.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Chase Jenkins cleared of all charges, accuser charged with perjury

RAINBOW CITY, Ala — Etowah County District Judge Will Clay has dismissed all criminal charges against Captain Chase Jenkins, formerly of the Rainbow City Police Department.

Jenkins was arrested on January 30 and charged with one count of First Degree Sodomy.

A hearing was held today, in which the accuser was cross examined by District Attorney Jody Willoughby and Attorney James Shelnutt, and the court was asked to consider evidence that was submitted by attorneys on both sides of the case. After the charges were dismissed, the accuser was charged with 1 count of perjury 1st degree and 1 count of falsely reporting an incident.

In a statement, Jenkins said that he fully intends on returning to law enforcement, and he will take this situation and use it to make himself a better and more understanding police officer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't know Chase but good for him.  I pray that he fully recovers from this and returns to doing what he loves.  I hope his accuser spends many sleepless nights at Tutwiler or as my daughter called it many years ago, "the bad women's building".

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I wonder if he can get his job back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never resign.

I would hope so.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Women.....

Holy fuck.

for you Chase!

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The soon to be ex-wife has been arrested for perjury.
View Quote

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Glad to hear this! I don't know if he's still running classes, but if he is I want to sign up for one just to support him.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#44]
I'd be okay with the sentence for her being equivalent to the sentence Chase faced.

Hey, a man can wish, right?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never resign.

I dont see why not.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He resigned. They usually don't hold your job open when you resign and there will be no court order mandating he be reinstated.

This is why you see me advocating in many of the GD threads making them fire you instead of resigning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never resign.

I dont see why not.

He resigned. They usually don't hold your job open when you resign and there will be no court order mandating he be reinstated.

This is why you see me advocating in many of the GD threads making them fire you instead of resigning.

True. I read in the other forum that the sheriff was basically out to get him ( in so many words).  If that is the case I think I would look for LE employment outside of Etowah county anyway. Shebly county is always nice. When he gets back on his feet I plan on taking one of his courses over here at Double Tap. I'm glad all the charges were drop and justice was served. Now he can get back to his life but I know all this has messed with his head a little. It would anyone. The news loves to JUMP on the story of the accusations but they never report on when charges are dropped and the real story comes out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is why I think "she said" gun confiscation laws are a bad idea.
Half the couples getting a divorce would see this happen.

Watched a coworker go through a divorce with a woman who turned into Satan Herself.
Never understood how people who professed to care for one another could become so vindictive and spiteful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've seen some pretty vile stuff alleged by ex-spouse's over the years.   Everything from child abuse to pedophilia.  

Wouldn't be unheard-of to see a set up like this.

This is why I think "she said" gun confiscation laws are a bad idea.
Half the couples getting a divorce would see this happen.

Watched a coworker go through a divorce with a woman who turned into Satan Herself.
Never understood how people who professed to care for one another could become so vindictive and spiteful.

When my second ex-wife and I split up, her Dad (a personal injury lawyer, reserve cop in their small, Southern IL town, and firearms instructor) threatened to call the cops and falsely claim I started a domestic dispute if I contested the divorce. I really wish I had recorded that conversation. I had just started teaching carry permit classes in TN and was looking into getting an FFL. He knew that a domestic charge and order of protection would destroy my chances of doing either of those things. He also told me that if I didn't contest the divorce, he'd give me $10,000 the day it was final. Less than five minutes after the judge's ruling, her divorce lawyer handed me a check for $10k.

When he finally dies, I hope to hear about it and find out where's buried, so I can defecate on his grave.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top