Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2016 5:17:58 PM EDT
Comments?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I went when they first started back but couldnt have ammo a couple years ago.

Havent been this time but mainly because I went to the B'ham show back in November.

Honestly gun shows have kinda lost their draw for me. Every gun I looked at in B'ham was either the same price or or $10 +/- of what I could get online (my employer is an FFL so transfer fees dont apply to me so much).

The $8 to get in is kinda stiff, too, if you want folks to go with you. I would like to take wife and oldest son with me, but its not worth $32 to me.

The collector show at the JayCees building was kinda.... well... I know those guys tried hard, but unless you are a hard core military collector there wasnt much to choose from.

All that said, I'm glad H'ville is getting gun shows again. Had I been paying attention I probably would have just waited instead of going to the Ham.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:01:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Went today, advertised as 550 tables. I would say it was pretty large in my estimate.

I usually go to most of the Birmingham ones, and Birmingham as 2 different groups who put on a gunshow, I cant differentiate between the two, but this is on par with the lower end of the 2. They both offer a lot of tables, but one is bigger than the other.

So in my convoluted way of saying above, I like this and being alot closer than Birmingham I am glad we have the option.

That said, only thing I bought was a few odd magazines and some piddly AR parts to throw in my spare parts kits.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm tired of this situation.  I want Obama out of office so that I can get into the Gun Shows again.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I went this morning. It was fairly decent. There were a lot of dealers, with a fair variety of products for sale.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I went. Saw a guy with some xtac green tip for 15 bucks per box. Saw a bunch of interesting stuff, not much I can afford right now. I did buy a couple ammo cans, a few glock mags, and a 20" A2 upper.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Same stuff that's been there for 10 years with the same old guys sitting behind the table.  I did notice the amount of people carrying their own rifles for sale was way down.  I got some primers and didn't hear any kids crying for a couple of hours so I'd say it was a good trip for me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Need to stop having so many kids  Think we can go shooting tomorrow?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same stuff that's been there for 10 years with the same old guys sitting behind the table.  I did notice the amount of people carrying their own rifles for sale was way down.  I got some primers and didn't hear any kids crying for a couple of hours so I'd say it was a good trip for me.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top