Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2016 9:44:07 PM EDT
How do you guys feel about this? It pisses me off. I have been a customer of theirs since they opened, as I am of Larrys as well.

Anyways, after reading this I don't think I will go to them anymore and I was wondering how you guys feel about this as well. I thought about posting a nice, quaint post on their facebook page explaining why I will no longer do business with them. Can you guys think of some points to come up with.

From what I can gather from the quote is that he doesnt support any private gun sales from individuals because it may hurt his business. He should know that private sales take place WAY more often than at gun shows.

Here is a quote from WAFF.

"A news camera was rolling as Last Resort Guns's Russell Durling watched President Obama unveil his plan on Tuesday."

"Durling listened to every word from President Obama. He said closing the gun show loopholes will likely even the playing field for his business.

"Somebody can be denied in my shop today. They could go to a gun show,” said Durling. “And for the production of their Alabama driver's license they can buy a firearm where they don't need a background check even though they've been denied today. That's wrong. I don't believe that should be possible."

Any firearms enthusiast already knows that ALOT of sales at gun shows are already from licenses dealers and there are plenty of background checks performed at gun shows. There are a few private sales, but a whole lot more go on outside of shows. According to Obama's (FBHO) EO he wants to make sure EVERYONE in the business of selling guns as a business is licensed.

I am by no means in the business of selling guns, but I have been known to sell one or two of my personal firearms because I wanted something different or that I just didnt care for the gun after trying it out. Hell, I have sold one and turned around and went to Last Resort and used that money to buy a new one that I wanted instead. I will not be doing that anymore.

Seems like Russell Durling of Last Resort is only shooting himself in the foot, the more guns in hands of the people the more he can make on ammo, training, accessories and at his range.

Source: WAFF News Source
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  Fuck this guy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
See below..
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems the owner is shooting himself in the foot on this. Here is his reply to someone leaving a bad review in response to the WAFF interview.

"Rusty, you are very wrong. I do believe that you have every right to dispose of your property as you see fit, however, I do not believe that that gives you or anyone a right to conduct an unregulated business in an otherwise heavily regulated industry. It simply does not make any sense to only regulate half of an industry. Your 2A rights are no different today than they were yesterday. I am no Obama supporter and i do understand that the gun grabbers always want more in the name of" reasonable"

My response to his "unregulated" statement.

"According to your quote "I do not believe that that gives you or anyone a right to conduct an unregulated business in an otherwise heavily regulated industry." that can apply to ANYTHING now a days. Automobiles are heavily regulated, they must meet certain safety standards, EPA emissions testing (See VW), you have to be licensed to operate it, heavily taxed every year. You don't see auto dealers going out and supporting the banning or abolishment of private sales do you?"
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
See below..
View Quote

You probably need to turn your post into a review before he deletes it and bans your ability to post.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Was about to sign up for one of their classes for my son and I.

I think I'll look elsewhere

this "business" of suggesting selling a gun privately is a "business" is bullshit.

FBHO and f*ck Last Resort parsing words to their own ends

at some point someone has to do the right thing even tho' they may have to sacrifice "business" and "profit" and take a stand against this overreaching bullshit.

I will certainly make it a point to let everyone I know they should probably avoid Last Resort else they may be supporting an anti-2A agenda.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Never speak to the Media.  They will mess  you over and distort what you say.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought that may be the case in this instance. But as I posted above he is quoted as saying he does believe our right to sell as a private individual should be imposed uppon. And that all gun sales should be regulated. That is a dangerous statement and could lead down to a very slippery slope of further gun control and registration and confiscation.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow.  Fuck this guy.
View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought that may be the case in this instance. But as I posted above he is quoted as saying he does believe our right to sell as a private individual should be imposed uppon. And that all gun sales should be regulated. That is a dangerous statement and could lead down to a very slippery slope of further gun control and registration and confiscation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And without an audio recording, you are taking the word of a Reporter that may have an anti-gun agenda.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I listened to the radio interviews this morning.

I was driving in at 6:45 when he was on WBHP with Toni and Gary.  He was umming and uhhhing and tapdancing a lot.  Made a snide remark about being trolled by people on the internet for his stance and then sniped a bit at Libertarians.

By the time he got to Dale Jackson, he'd gotten his story together and was talking about everyone owning military rifles and citizen militias and shit.  Way overboard with the rhetoric.  

He's a fucking tool.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And without an audio recording, you are taking the word of a Reporter that may have an anti-gun agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I did not take the word of a Reporter over the owners word. Look at what I quoted him as saying to me personally on his Facebook page. He agreed that their should be more restriction and control over what we buy and sell. He himself told me he supports the further regulation of private sales. His quote to me supports what he said to the Media reporters.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was driving in at 6:45 when he was on WBHP with Toni and Gary.  He was umming and uhhhing and tapdancing a lot.  Made a snide remark about being trolled by people on the internet for his stance and then sniped a bit at Libertarians.

By the time he got to Dale Jackson, he'd gotten his story together and was talking about everyone owning military rifles and citizen militias and shit.  Way overboard with the rhetoric.  

He's a fucking tool.
View Quote

isnt Last Resort a sponsor of @thedalejackson?
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a fucking tool.

Yes, Last Resort is a sponsor of the show and the call line.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How do you guys feel about this? It pisses me off. I have been a customer of theirs since they opened, as I am of Larrys as well.

Anyways, after reading this I don't think I will go to them anymore and I was wondering how you guys feel about this as well. I thought about posting a nice, quaint post on their facebook page explaining why I will no longer do business with them. Can you guys think of some points to come up with.

From what I can gather from the quote is that he doesnt support any private gun sales from individuals because it may hurt his business. He should know that private sales take place WAY more often than at gun shows.

Here is a quote from WAFF.

"A news camera was rolling as Last Resort Guns's Russell Durling watched President Obama unveil his plan on Tuesday."

"Durling listened to every word from President Obama. He said closing the gun show loopholes will likely even the playing field for his business.

"Somebody can be denied in my shop today. They could go to a gun show,” said Durling. “And for the production of their Alabama driver's license they can buy a firearm where they don't need a background check even though they've been denied today. That's wrong. I don't believe that should be possible."

Any firearms enthusiast already knows that ALOT of sales at gun shows are already from licenses dealers and there are plenty of background checks performed at gun shows. There are a few private sales, but a whole lot more go on outside of shows. According to Obama's (FBHO) EO he wants to make sure EVERYONE in the business of selling guns as a business is licensed.

I am by no means in the business of selling guns, but I have been known to sell one or two of my personal firearms because I wanted something different or that I just didnt care for the gun after trying it out. Hell, I have sold one and turned around and went to Last Resort and used that money to buy a new one that I wanted instead. I will not be doing that anymore.

Seems like Russell Durling of Last Resort is only shooting himself in the foot, the more guns in hands of the people the more he can make on ammo, training, accessories and at his range.

Source: WAFF News Source
View Quote

What a douche.

I'll never buy from this guy and I'll tell my relatives in Bama that this guy is a freedom hating snake.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, I did not take the word of a Reporter over the owners word. Look at what I quoted him as saying to me personally on his Facebook page. He agreed that their should be more restriction and control over what we buy and sell. He himself told me he supports the further regulation of private sales. His quote to me supports what he said to the Media reporters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If these are the comments that you are talking about:

Seems the owner is shooting himself in the foot on this. Here is his reply to someone leaving a bad review in response to the WAFF interview.

"Rusty, you are very wrong. I do believe that you have every right to dispose of your property as you see fit, however, I do not believe that that gives you or anyone a right to conduct an unregulated business in an otherwise heavily regulated industry. It simply does not make any sense to only regulate half of an industry. Your 2A rights are no different today than they were yesterday. I am no Obama supporter and i do understand that the gun grabbers always want more in the name of" reasonable"

My response to his "unregulated" statement.

"According to your quote "I do not believe that that gives you or anyone a right to conduct an unregulated business in an otherwise heavily regulated industry." that can apply to ANYTHING now a days. Automobiles are heavily regulated, they must meet certain safety standards, EPA emissions testing (See VW), you have to be licensed to operate it, heavily taxed every year. You don't see auto dealers going out and supporting the banning or abolishment of private sales do you?"

I am sorry because I did not associate those comments with Durling.

But to reiterate, Reporters cannot be trusted.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's like firearms instructors who think you should not be able to own a gun till you go through their training program.

Fuck him.
View Quote

You have a lot of repressed feelings.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 1:54:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Crappy.  Last Resort always been over priced on just about everything, but I've gone in and bought something now and then to "support local".  Sounds like I need to keep my "local support" to Larry's.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Stone dropped me a note to point out LRG has removed their FB page.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, you either keep everything you have until you die, give it away, or sell it.

Unless you're a hoarder or a saint, every person who owns a gun could be affected by this EO nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nevermind, I read your later post.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, he has since deleted his facebook page for Last Resort Guns, there is the standard facebook business page that is generated by facebook, same information as a standard google generated page.

Six 1 star reviews so far and growing.

And since the original page was deleted/de-activated here is the proof where the owner Russell Durling responded and said he DOES support more infringement on our rights. Proof from the horses mouth. In essence he agrees with the regulation of your ability to sell your personal property (only because he would benefit in FFL transfer fees).

I tried to screenshot most of the stuff, I had a feeling something like this would happen. Cant hide it now.

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]
A couple years ago a friend bought a gun online.  He called around to find out transfer fees, last resort said $0 - they hoped to get customers with free transfers they said.  
He had it shipped there and showed up to get it, and they wanted $40.  Blamed it on a bad employee who answered the phone.  He paid it because shipping it back and to another FFL would have cost more money.  

TL;DR version: last resort sucks in many ways, stay far away.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying, I don't know the guy, have never been to the business and I don't support his views.  I just have seen too many times where reporters have burned someone by completely distorting what they say or do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, this POS is trying to start an official USPSA club at his store.

Apparently he only needs a few more signatures before he has enough I send in his application.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Apparently he only needs a few more signatures before he has enough I send in his application.
View Quote

I am sure he will get it. There are still people who just wander in that see the store. No matter how much we bitch on here and facebook.

We cant reach all the people and let them know what he supports, but we can at least get a few.

And for what its worth, he removed his Facebook page for a bit while we were all on a kick and leaving bad reviews.

It has since been brought back, so if anyone didnt get a chance to leave a negative review, now would be a good time to do it.

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I am sure he will get it. There are still people who just wander in that see the store. No matter how much we bitch on here and facebook.

We cant reach all the people and let them know what he supports, but we can at least get a few.

And for what its worth, he removed his Facebook page for a bit while we were all on a kick and leaving bad reviews.

It has since been brought back, so if anyone didnt get a chance to leave a negative review, now would be a good time to do it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We could contact area representatives of USPSA and relay the information to them. See if they can block his store from being an official USPSA club.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Went in Last Resort once. Once. My daughter takes a class twice a week near there and I was thinking about a range membership. Most unfriendly, unwelcoming firearms store I've ever been in. No one even bothered to be cordial. Overpriced too. Now with this 'statement' made for the media, screw them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Went in Last Resort once. Once. My daughter takes a class twice a week near there and I was thinking about a range membership. Most unfriendly, unwelcoming firearms store I've ever been in. No one even bothered to be cordial. Overpriced too. Now with this 'statement' made for the media, screw them.
View Quote

Pretty much this.  I tried to like them for a while since it was potentially going to be a nicer place to bring new shooters... but I found the prices and the attitude .  With their stated position I'll be more than happy to hit Larry's for items Swan Creek for items and range.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I reckon this idiot is going to start crapping bricks when he realizes that if the BATFE is going to require everyone that might sell a firearm to have a FFL, then they will have to issue FFLs without restrictions to everyone that might want to sell a firearm.

Funny how the circle closed isn't it?

Bill Clinton's BATF 'closed' over 200,000 'kitchen-table gun shops' when they issued regs requiring retail FFL holders to have a retail location.

Obama - with a call on his mighty phone and/or a stroke of his mighty pen - has set in motion the requirement that BATFE issue FFLs to basically anyone that wants one again. I know I'm applying as soon as possible!

MikeN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top