Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2015 4:20:37 PM EDT
Gonna be in Gulf Shores for a few days this week with the family.

Any suggestions on attractions and Restaurants?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I always enjoy going to Zeke's. You can go for a meal or go out and do inshore or deep sea fishing through their marina. You can also have your catch cooked for you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Eat at Doc's Seafood.  There is one in GS on Hwy 59 by the zoo.  Also one in Orange Beach near the canal road and 82(?) intersection.  Both are good, but I like the one on 59 better.

Also try Original Oyster House on 59 about 2 blocks before front beach rd.

As far as stuff to do, it depends on kids, interests etc..  There is a water park, and amusement park for the kids.  Nice pier if you want to try fishing, they even rent tackle.  Gulf State park has walking/biking trails that are pretty nice.

Some places like Lu Lu's, Tacky Jacks etc., are more touristy and I found the food not that great.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
While not in Gulf Shores, the Naval Aviation Museum is about a 30 minute drive away in Pensacola.
Fort Morgan is also a short drive away as well.
If you're into go kart tracks, there are several in and around Gulf Shores.
Foley, just outside of Gulf Shores has a huge outlet mall with damn near any store you can imagine.
Also, Lamberts Restaurant is there. "Home of the throwed roll" and damn good eats.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eat at Doc's Seafood.  There is one in GS on Hwy 59 by the zoo.  Also one in Orange Beach near the canal road and 82(?) intersection.  Both are good, but I like the one on 59 better.

Also try Original Oyster House on 59 about 2 blocks before front beach rd.

As far as stuff to do, it depends on kids, interests etc..  There is a water park, and amusement park for the kids.  Nice pier if you want to try fishing, they even rent tackle.  Gulf State park has walking/biking trails that are pretty nice.

Some places like Lu Lu's, Tacky Jacks etc., are more touristy and I found the food not that great.
View Quote

I would agree with this except I greatly prefer the original Doc's on canal rd to the new one on 59.

Get to the Original Oyster House early. The wait can be ridiculous.

Another one I've always enjoyed is tin-top on cr10. I've read other reviews talking of bad service, but that's never been my experience.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome. That should keep me busy. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:28:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Drive over to the Florida side of the border and eat at the Shrimp Basket (not the one in Orange Beach, AL). Some of the best seafood there is.

The Oyster House in Gulf Shores isn't bad.

Some of the best seafood, tho, is on the Mobile Bay causeway... I think there are 6-8 restaurants, and you can hit a different one each day.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Sea n Suds has pretty good food.  For breakfast, hit Hazels!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If you come to The Gulf, ask for me to say hello.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drive over to the Florida side of the border and eat at the Shrimp Basket (not the one in Orange Beach, AL). Some of the best seafood there is.

The Oyster House in Gulf Shores isn't bad.

Some of the best seafood, tho, is on the Mobile Bay causeway... I think there are 6-8 restaurants, and you can hit a different one each day.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want to cook up your own get over to Billy's Seafood over in Bon Secour.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top