Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 6:23:53 PM EDT
We just had a great vacation in Alabama.  We stayed in Daphne, and toured the USS Alabama, Gulf Shores, and so on.  I was very impressed by how nice Alabama's beaches are, and that it wasn't crowded like Florida.

I noticed all of the rest stops we hit had no weapons beyond this point signs, but I didn't see anything about carrying in rest stops on any of the websites I read before the trip.

Do those signs have any law backing them or is it just so liberals feel safe?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not aware of anything in the law that allows the signs.  But you are welcome to challenge the .gov anytime that you want to.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I read them every time I walk by them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am not aware of anything in the law that allows the signs. But you are welcome to challenge the .gov anytime that you want to.
View Quote
I... I... I... just don't know what to say.

I mean, this isn't GD.  

Don't know if my response is appropriate or allowed in this forum.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love it!  That's exactly what I did.  Concealed means concealed.  I was still puzzled by it since I hadn't ready it in the law anywhere.   Somewhere, it makes a liberal feel safe.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
At the welcome center when you enter Alabama on I65 there is a small monument that says "We dare defend our rights." A few feet away on the actual welcome center hangs a "no weapons" sign.

I always thought that was funny.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not enforceable. Merely decorations.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually, it may be enforceable.  Rule #5 on my St Clair Co issued permit states:

"Your permit is also void in any air terminal or in any court house or other public building whether City, County, State or Federal.

I have also seen this exact wording on Jeff-Co issued permits and have wondered if this is on more county issued permits. Seems this would also apply if you were staying in a state owned lodge/hotel. Or folks that lived in/or visiting  government housing would also have invalid permits.

This was changed on St. Clair permits several years ago and I've never liked the wording. Old wording only voided licenses in air terminals and court houses.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Actually, it may be enforceable.  Rule #5 on my St Clair Co issued permit states:

"Your permit is also void in any air terminal or in any court house or other public building whether City, County, State or Federal.

I have also seen this exact wording on Jeff-Co issued permits and have wondered if this is on more county issued permits. Seems this would also apply if you were staying in a state owned lodge/hotel. Or folks that lived in/or visiting  government housing would also have invalid permits.

This was changed on St. Clair permits several years ago and I've never liked the wording. Old wording only voided licenses in air terminals and court houses.
View Quote
13A-11-61.3

(c) Except as otherwise provided in Act 2013-283 or as expressly
authorized by a statute of this state, the Legislature hereby occupies
and preempts the entire field of regulation in this state touching in
any way upon firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories to the
complete exclusion of any order, ordinance, or rule promulgated or
enforced by any political subdivision of this state.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#13]
If state law supersedes these county regulations, then how can it be allowed on the permits?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If state law supersedes these county regulations, then how can it be allowed on the permits?
View Quote
Are you going to sue to have the Sheriff delete the text?  

How else are you going to get it removed?  

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top