Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2015 10:04:17 AM EDT
Do any of you have exerience with Cavern Cove?  My dad and I just registered for a rimfire shoot through our church that is being held there on Saturday.  I was hoping to take my newest AR with me and cook off a few rounds after the rimfire shoot.  I looked at their website and I can't find anything that says I can or can't shoot anything other than a rimfire weapon.  I am curious since "rimfire" is specifically stated in their name.  Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
You would have to ask the MD if you could. You should join us for the other competitions also.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You would have to ask the MD if you could. You should join us for the other competitions also.
View Quote

OK, thanks!  I may look into the other comps.  I've got a buddy that competes in some IDPA stuff.  He has never mentioned Cavern Cove specifically but just referred to the "range in Woodville."  I imagine Cavern Cove is what he's talking about.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

OK, thanks!  I may look into the other comps.  I've got a buddy that competes in some IDPA stuff.  He has never mentioned Cavern Cove specifically but just referred to the "range in Woodville."  I imagine Cavern Cove is what he's talking about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shoot USPSA, IDPA, and some 3 gun there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a Project Appleseed shoot taking place there the weekend of March 14-15.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool beans!  I was actually talking to him when I started this AR build I just finished about going with him to observe the competitions.  I'm interested in it.  Maybe I'll see you out there Saturday if we aren't still iced in.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I keep saying I'm going to come out for IDPA and/or USPSA, but it seems like something always comes up.  I've got to get out there one day.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a pretty cool place. I took a company class there one time. I wish I could make it out for some of the events. They do so much stuff out there it's not even funny.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there Saturday.  They said there would be a couple of center fire lanes setup.  I was planning on bringing my AR and several pistols.  By the way, like the mustang.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be there Saturday.  They said there would be a couple of center fire lanes setup.  I was planning on bringing my AR and several pistols.  By the way, like the mustang.
View Quote

I was out there.  Fun times were had, definitely.  It is a really nice place.  I had my AR and a few other guns out there.  I think I am going to go out next time they have a pistol match and see what it's all about.  I need to invest in a 9mm of some sort.  My 1911 cost too much to feed.  

Thanks for the Mustang compliment.  I got rid of it in October.  Not practical with a 1 year old kid.  HAHA
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was out there.  Fun times were had, definitely.  It is a really nice place.  I had my AR and a few other guns out there.  I think I am going to go out next time they have a pistol match and see what it's all about.  I need to invest in a 9mm of some sort.  My 1911 cost too much to feed.  

Thanks for the Mustang compliment.  I got rid of it in October.  Not practical with a 1 year old kid.  HAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These are all on Saturdays, I'll just write 1st, 2nd, etc so you know the match schedule

1st -
Rimfire
IDPA

2nd -
USPSA

3rd -
3 Gun

4th -
Speed Steel
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a great time too.  I sent around 450 rds. down range in 22lr, 9mm, 45acp, and 223(AR).  My shoulders hurt me for 3 days.  Can't wait to go back, such an nice facility.

Keith
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do any of you have exerience with Cavern Cove?  My dad and I just registered for a rimfire shoot through our church that is being held there on Saturday.  I was hoping to take my newest AR with me and cook off a few rounds after the rimfire shoot.  I looked at their website and I can't find anything that says I can or can't shoot anything other than a rimfire weapon.  I am curious since "rimfire" is specifically stated in their name.  Thanks for any input.
View Quote

They shoot a  3 gun nation match there every third Saturday. Its fun! i always just called it Caverns Cove the rimfire is just for that specific match
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They shoot a  3 gun nation match there every third Saturday. Its fun! i always just called it Caverns Cove the rimfire is just for that specific match
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering if you would pop your head up.  Yea, the 3 gun nation match is probably the most fun I have at matches.  I like going to that match and some of the matches Brock's Gap hosts.  Not many other ranges close by hosting matches in northeastern AL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top