Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2014 10:46:19 AM EDT
Hi,

I'm going to retire next year and was thinking about Lillian Alabama.  What is the crime rate, weather problems, Concealed carry requirements, hunting laws, for that area?

Thanks

John Krzos
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is a link that you can use to find out about the specifics of Baldwin county.  Baldwin county sheriff Everything else State wide has been posted a million times.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Crime rate has got to be close to zero as there's not much in the way of population.  Not far from the Gulf, so hurricanes is about all there is to worry about weather-wise and those are really few and far between.  Concealed carry will cost you $30 a year and no problem if you don't have a felony on your record.  I'm not a hunter, so can't say anything about that.  

If you like small towns, you should like it.  Cost of living will be fairly low and you've got the Gulf Shores area and a growing Foley, AL not too far away and Pensacola, FL close by, as well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome fishing down there!  My family has had a house there for 35 years or so and I hope to move back there eventually.  Be sure to take maximum advantage of the redfish, speckled trout, flounder, and then the bay and offshore species as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top