Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2014 8:22:40 AM EDT
Just got stationed here in Huntsville
I am looking for a place to teach long range Hunting, 500 Yards minimum prefer 1000 yards but will take what I can get
I normally teach 1 class a month due to my day job

email me if you know of a place
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That might be tough.

I'd see if you can somehow get on the Shootability forum and ask or try to contact either Tom Badham and/or David Hardwick on the Hartselle range (sorry don't know the formal name).  David *used* to have (and may still - don't know) a 1000 yard range at his place.

All I got is my measley 250 yard range - in my front yard.....

good luck!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless you know somebody with land, 100 or 200yd is all you will find in a short drive around Huntsville.  The closest readily accessible long range I know of is stretegic edge near shelbyville, tn, they have 1250yds.  It's basically a 90min drive from the north part of redstone.  They do lots of training, I doubt they're looking for anybody.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard of "Maple Ridge Gun Club" with a 500 yard range.  But I haven't stopped by yet.  Looks to be about an hour out of Huntsville.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have heard of "Maple Ridge Gun Club" with a 500 yard range.  But I haven't stopped by yet.  Looks to be about an hour out of Huntsville.
View Quote

That's the range I was referring to earlier.

OP, there is a +700 yard range just south of South Pittsburgh, TN right off of Hwy 72.  It's located at   34.984683°  -85.722277°.  I have no idea who owns it or if it's a private or public range (probably private).  I've seen a sign on the little range building they have the site, but have never stopped by to read it or see what it says.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you Gents I will look into the maple ridge range
I know all of my students want 1000 yards but the reality most never hunt past 700 anyway do to energy left on Target

Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]
looks like I am 55 minutes from there
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
If that doesn't work for you and you are willing to drive to Birmingham you might contact Double Tapp training in Calera.  I know they have access to 1000+ but don't know what their limitations would be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top