Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2014 6:58:44 PM EDT
I have several AK parts kits with some NoDak Spud receivers that I'm looking to get built. Does anyone know of a shop around the Birmingham area that will build AK kits?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I've built a couple in my home garage up here in Huntsville.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I've built 2 AR's but never any AK's. I wouldn't mind building them myself I would just rather if so someone that had built some be around supervising.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It's easier one might think to build an AKM/AK74 variant. The biggest pain was acquiring all the tools.

What type are you looking to build?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 3 Romanian ak-47 parts kits I bought a while back from ak builder. Also have NoDak Spud receivers for them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
So you have the barrels as well? If your interested in driving up to Huntsville, I would be willing to share my tools and what I know to help you get started.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes I do have the barrels and also ordered the rivets for them too. As far as I know I have everything I need for the build. I  would be willing to drive to Huntsville, that wouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#7]
My garage is like a sauna at the moment. If you can wait a little while, I would be happy to help you out. In the meantime I would recommend checking out some AK build videos on youtube and checking out some of the posts in the AK Files Build it Youself Forum.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
That's no problem I can wait a little while. Just let me know when. Im currently in the police academy so I have weekends off for about the next month and a half. Also Id been happy to pay you for your time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top