Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2014 11:31:24 AM EDT
I stopped by black warrior armory, formerly red dot arms, yesterday on my way through alabaster.it was really interesting seeing their AR15 and ar10 lowers in various stages of production. I will definitely be purchasing a receiver set.

anyone have any experience with their weapons
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
is this the place you can see from 65?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
it is off of  65 in alabaster. I'm not sure what exit. the street is Mayhall drive I think
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
When they say AR-10, do they mean ARmalite AR10 or the other main pattern such as LR-308/R-25, etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Why'd they change their name?

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
when asked about the name change they said they are incorporating and that red dot arms was taken.

I'm not familiar with the ar10 platform but the armalite name was never mentioned. I think they said they made dpms style uppers if that helps
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
sorry double tap
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
they screwed too many people over and are being sued. Changed names to try to get away from lawsuits and the crap they make.
They never made an upper either
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
they screwed too many people over and are being sued. Changed names to try to get away from lawsuits and the crap they make.
They never made an upper either
View Quote

Alabama SOS shows neither as companies.  Red Dot Arms Manufacturing is a reserved name.  Google maps shows the reserved location as Red Dot Arms.

Red Dot Arms Manufacturing, LLC
Randall E. Booth
127 Mayhall Drive
Alabaster, AL 35007

Guess they may have a DBA or something?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I've seen their facility and their milling operation. They were making receivers, BCGs and a cool charging handle when I was there.
I know some who've dealt with them and were happy with their purchase.

What's the lawsuit about?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I wont go into detail be there are about 4 from large sums of money to unethical business practices. I know a GS that has fixed 4 of their junk ass rifles
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm surprised the dynamic duo of Sharpton and Jackson aren't all over them for their choice of name.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm surprised the dynamic duo of Sharpton and Jackson aren't all over them for their choice of name.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Black Warrior Review is named after the river that borders the campus of The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. The city, river, and journal derive their names from the sixteenth-century Indian chief Tuscaloosa, whose name comes from two words of Creek or Choctaw origin—tusca (warrior) and lusa (black).
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a stripped/ raw upper from them back when the were still Red Dot. Nice folks for sure, but I had significant trouble with the upper. I had to do a good bit of filing and Dremelling to get the ejection port door to function, after I took it back to let them look at it and see that the door didn't work. I thought they might swap out the upper at that time, but instead an alternative and unsuccessful "fix" was suggested.

I know several people that got Red Dot complete uppers and or complete guns, and had trouble with them after the fact. I would be very hesitant to buy from them again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Had a customer bring in one of the red dot arms lower receivers today to install a CMC trigger pack in.  Their recievers are not machined deep enough to accept the trigger pack. Needed to be at least one millimeter more deeper for the trigger to fit.  Also the trigger hole is not quit in the right place. If ya want a local built ar15, Short Defense System is the one to go with.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If ya want a local built ar15, Short Defense System is the one to go with.

View Quote

+1 just picked up my new registered SBR created by SDS, very well made
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I have had them assemble several lowers for me on Spikes lowers using my parts. Everything ran 100% afterwards. Even went out back and test fired some cool stuff.  Seem like good people. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I stopped by black warrior armory, formerly red dot arms, yesterday on my way through alabaster.it was really interesting seeing their AR15 and ar10 lowers in various stages of production. I will definitely be purchasing a receiver set.

anyone have any experience with their weapons
View Quote

And you didn't post pictures?  Shame on you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have had them assemble several lowers for me on Spikes lowers using my parts. Everything ran 100% afterwards. Even went out back and test fired some cool stuff.  Seem like good people. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

View Quote

My 8 year old has (with very little of my assistance) successfully assembled a Mil-Spec lower that still runs 100%. It is their in-house produced stuff that has been plagued.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I have bought 2 rifles for these guys... They  suck ! Trying to sell them...no one wants them! Please do not buy this product .. They do not work.. Out of spec..do not fit other standard rifle parts and awful  workmanship.  Go to Hoover tac and buy there SDS customs or TS is making a wonderful gun!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top