Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2014 5:37:06 PM EDT
What a nightmare!!!  I may run for sheriff just to improve this process.  I'm still fuming.  

I checked my permit today, remembering that it was going to expire this month.

Much to my chagrin, it expires on the 5th - Saturday, and the 4th is tomorrow.  

I call the CCSD to find out the process and you won't believe what I was told.

The female JBT on the phone said I could come by before 4 today with cash or check and pick up a new one as long as I have the permit with the picture.

Can you believe it!  Pick it up today??????  Outrageous!!!!!  

And then, to top if off, she asked if I was working today. Why would she ASSUME I have a job?  Why is that any business of hers????  The nerve of her.  She must have looked me up on the NSA computer after running my phone number through the caller ID and cross referencing with Social Security and the IRS to see that I have a job.

She then told me that I could have someone pick it up for me.  Can you believe that?  She would let my wife pick up my permit.....  
She doesn't know us!  

Anyway, after yelling "Fine then!" into the phone and slamming it down, I shared the story with my wife, and she couldn't believe it either.

So, she stopped by with cash in hand and picked up my new permit.

Even though I do my fair share of bashing the bad law enforcement, I thought I'd share a positive story from my county.

If only everything could be this easy.

jd1
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Relax, go catch some crappie.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Nearly the same process across the mountain.  Is nice to keep things simple.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a 5 year one
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a 5 year one
View Quote

I didn't realize that we could get them for more than one year until my wife gave me my license and said she could have gotten it for more than one year at a time.  DOH!!!!

I'll do that next year.

jd1
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
It pisses me off I have to pay for a permit in the first place.  Yeah, it's easy, but still complete bullshit.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It pisses me off I have to pay for a permit in the first place.  Yeah, it's easy, but still complete bullshit.

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The fees go into a slush fund just for the top dog.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Agreed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

This.  It's no "success story" about how easy it supposedly is to get permission to exercise a fundamental human right.  Shouldn't have had to call much less beg for a piece of paper.  We need to set our sights a tad bit higher.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#9]
It is just as bad here in Houston County. If it is still current you have to wait for the cashier to print out a new one and hand it to you after the 20.00 fee (outragous I know!) Last time I paid I felt dirty.

Oh here is the real travesty. If you forget and wait 2-3 months after it expired you will still have to wait to have the permit printed, but if you go past the 90 days you have to wait an entire week. That is what kills me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine was quick and easy -- $60 for a 5-year photo ID in Marshall County, and it took all of five minutes and the girl was cute.

You can always OC for free if you want to whine about the revenue grab of permits.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Methinks the entire thread was done with one's tounge firmly planted in thy cheek
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mine was quick and easy -- $60 for a 5-year photo ID in Marshall County, and it took all of five minutes and the girl was cute.

You can always OC for free if you want to whine about the revenue grab of permits.
View Quote

She's a Bammer fan

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top