Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 56
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

that was my first thought as well. he was going to turn his garage into a great viking hall and use those for tables.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now those are some wire spools!

Making tables?

that was my first thought as well. he was going to turn his garage into a great viking hall and use those for tables.

That's an awesome idea that just might work! Maybe we can convince him to dig a trench right out in front of the garage doors to make a fire pit.

Bcauz's Jorvasker/Mead Hall.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yep, I'm making a coffee table for the living room, and a table for the front porch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now those are some wire spools!

Making tables?

Yep, I'm making a coffee table for the living room, and a table for the front porch

My first thought was shooting range tables or barricades because there is no way his wife would let him put those in the house.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My first thought was shooting range tables or barricades because there is no way his wife would let him put those in the house.
View Quote
Oh don't worry, they'll look totally different when I'm done with them.

Full sand over, cut down the base, full stain job followed with a 1" thick acrylic on the top.

Kind of like this, but the base still on it and the acrylic poured.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Full sand over, cut down the base, full stain job followed with a 1" thick acrylic on the top.

http://cdn.homedit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/spool-coffee-table.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep us updated. That one looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of want actually...  Looking forward to seeing finished project.

Nice pistol also... those are hard to resist.  I'm guessing its either a .300 or a flamethrower?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Nice pistol also... those are hard to resist.  I'm guessing its either a .300 or a flamethrower?
View Quote
it's a 5.56 flamethrower!

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks man! How are things? We need angry back.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice GFA patch . I miss you guys, no homo.

Eh, alright. NJ sucks, but work-wise it isn't bad. I got really lucky with my direct supervisor and squadron commander, both of them are great guys.

I keep raising my hand to pick up a deployment, but so far they haven't picked me. It would definitely make the time here go by faster.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#8]
good to see bcauz3y keeping this thread alive
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Eh, alright. NJ sucks, but work-wise it isn't bad. I got really lucky with my direct supervisor and squadron commander, both of them are great guys.

I keep raising my hand to pick up a deployment, but so far they haven't picked me. It would definitely make the time here go by faster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, do whatever you gotta do to get back.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Barely!

Life has been a fucking roller coaster this year.

I had surgery over the summer, and that put me on my ass for a month. Nothing serious, but I'd never had surgery before, and boy was that an eye opener. That doctor didn't even come remotely close to telling me how badly life was going to suck while recovering.

Beyond that, just been doing home improvement projects. I spent so much time/money/effort on getting out of town, and mostly self sufficient that I neglected the 'honey do' list. Apparently women want a nice house with amenities, not a dirty farm with animals everywhere. Who knew?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Barely!    

I had surgery over the summer, and that put me on my ass for a month. Nothing serious, but I'd never had surgery before, and boy was that an eye opener. That doctor didn't even come remotely close to telling me how badly life was going to suck while recovering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Barely!    

So, you had that extra testicle removed?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Barely!    

Both of them!

Just had an umbilical hernia fixed. Doc put in a 6"x6" mesh.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Both of them!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Barely!    

Both of them!  

Merry Christmas. You ready to do that GORUCK we never got around to? Glad that everything's turned out well, you're absence has been noted.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Merry Christmas. You ready to do that GORUCK we never got around to? Glad that everything's turned out well, you're absence has been noted.
View Quote
Merry Christmas bro!

Actually, my number one target this year is to get my shit straight with weight and fitness.

I've really let myself go this year. When I was laid up, I probably put on 15 lbs.

A good weight for me is 220, and I think I'm pushing 250.

If there is a goruck next fall, I'm in. That should give me enough time to get myself unfucked.

How are things on your end?

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Merry Christmas bro!

Actually, my number one target this year is to get my shit straight with weight and fitness.

I've really let myself go this year. When I was laid up, I probably put on 15 lbs.

If there is a goruck next fall, I'm in. That should give me enough time to get myself unfucked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Merry Christmas bro!

BUSY.  Not gotten to the range as much as I'd like .  Beyond that not much drama, which is a good thing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Hola
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Working on it. I'm hoping to make it to Gunfighter in March.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#18]
That table looks sweet! I build myself a little table, not as cool, but not bad for my first DIY home project.

I bought a house earlier this year, and I finally understand what people mean about never ending projects. There is always something to get done, and my lot is only 100' x 100'... I couldn't imagine having actual acreage yet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That table looks sweet! I build myself a little table, not as cool, but not bad for my first DIY home project.
<a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/user/kalton3030/media/20141207_101350_HDR_zpss1xwlp3a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/kalton3030/20141207_101350_HDR_zpss1xwlp3a.jpg</a>

I bought a house earlier this year, and I finally understand what people mean about never ending projects. There is always something to get done, and my lot is only 100' x 100'... I couldn't imagine having actual acreage yet.
View Quote

There is a house in your garden?  
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip

Its what I can afford here. Keeps me close to work, family and friends. Less travel time is more time for everything else. At least I have a view... Kinda

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Its what I can afford here. Keeps me close to work, family and friends. Less travel time is more time for everything else. At least I have a view... Kinda

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/kalton3030/20141207_105311_HDR_zpsgbnaw6dq.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Snip

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/kalton3030/20141207_105311_HDR_zpsgbnaw6dq.jpg

I'd have caught every fish in that pond by now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not sure there are many left in there. It's pretty shallow from what I can tell, and one of the neighbors said it froze deep last year. There were lots of dead fish in spring.

Next year I plan on spending a few mornings out there before the woman and dog wake up.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I really want to get a flock of turkeys for the property next year, but I've got to get rid of the fox and the coyotes first.

Best way to eradicate such predators?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
NVGs or thermal scope and a nice stinky gut pile in that front field?  

That would do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really want to get a flock of turkeys for the property next year, but I've got to get rid of the fox and the coyotes first.

That would do it.
Hell. Yes.

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/user/kalton3030/media/20141207_105311_HDR_zpsgbnaw6dq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/kalton3030/20141207_105311_HDR_zpsgbnaw6dq.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snip

<a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/user/kalton3030/media/20141207_105311_HDR_zpsgbnaw6dq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/kalton3030/20141207_105311_HDR_zpsgbnaw6dq.jpg</a>

That's why I live in Alabama.  Would be living elsewhere if I could afford a house there at the time.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That's why I live in Alabama.
View Quote

An acre around me goes for about $2900 if you shop around.

If you buy over 100 acres, the price drops significantly.

You can buy for $3000 an acre all day every day.

My place was 20 acres with a 2800 sq/ft home (+2200 sq/ft basement) for $185,000.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Snares and #1-3/4 double-coiled leghold traps. (Check the laws on legholds-- some states ban them from use unless underwater and others require rubber-inserts in the jaws. Not sure where Alabama stands at the moment.)

You'll need someone to teach you how to make sets if you've never trapped before.

Dirt hole and flat sets using leghold traps with commercial fox lure would be a good approach, but is likely to catch any stray dogs around, too.

Snares set blind (e.g., on known trails without any sort of bait or attractant) is a good alternative if you want to avoid the dogs as much as possible.

Coyotes in particular can range over a lot of ground, so expect them to return even if you do eradicate them for a time.

ARFcom>Outdoors>Small Game & Trapping should have folks who can provide better info than I can. I haven't trapped in years and mostly targeted beaver that were flooding farmers' fields.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#29]
We have a herd of turkeys, and over 200 chickens, all are free-range. We also have an extensive coyote and feral dog infestation and we never lose a single one to four-legged predation (hawks are another story).

How, you ask?

Great Pyrenees.

They patrol and rabidly protect "their" livestock. They make their presence known, and ruthlessly defend them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

We have a herd of turkeys, and over 200 chickens, all are free-range. We also have an extensive coyote and feral dog infestation and we never lose a single one to four-legged predation (hawks are another story).

How, you ask?

Great Pyrenees.

They patrol and rabidly protect "their" livestock. They make their presence known, and ruthlessly defend them.
View Quote

That's badass man. I wish we could do that!

We have to keep our dogs in the fence.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Dude, awesome thread. I spent about 2 days on this!
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Dude, awesome thread. I spent about 2 days on this!
View Quote
Welcome!

Hopefully some cool stuff coming in 2015. This year was rather slow.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Checking in, saying Hi before work officially crushes me over the next month.

This thread is at the bottom of my sub list again... anyone else here?
View Quote

I was just browsing the site and read a bit into this post, then I saw your republic emblem with the AR and realized you're my new favorite person!
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Invite your friends over with their new NVGs
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on over!! I actually had a litter of baby bunnies die from a lung infection, so I froze them.

Now we have bait.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Also, need suggestions on a 40 lbs compound deer hunting bow.

On of my daughters wants to kill bambi next season. She's been practicing with a 21 lbs compound, but it doesn't have the feature set she needs to really get good accuracy in.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

On of my daughters wants to kill bambi next season. She's been practicing with a 21 lbs compound, but it doesn't have the feature set she needs to really get good accuracy in.
View Quote

This one works great. I bought it for my wife because she wanted to get into archery. It's fully (and easily) adjustable. The arrows that come with it suck, but that's to be expected.

$140 delivered is about as cheap as it gets for something of modestly decent quality. I've shot with it plenty and it's very accurate for what it is.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This one works great. I bought it for my wife because she wanted to get into archery. It's fully (and easily) adjustable. The arrows that come with it suck, but that's to be expected.

$140 delivered is about as cheap as it gets for something of modestly decent quality. I've shot with it plenty and it's very accurate for what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are willing to wait you can backorder for $119 if you scroll down and look at bottom right
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

What are you looking to spend?

ETA The Mission Menace is what I recommend. As much as it hurts me to recommend a Mathews product as a Hoyt fanboy , it's an excellent bow with an insane capability to grow with a shooter. Draw length goes from 17-30 inches and weight goes from 17-52lbs. It's a solid bow that will grow along with her, and you can get into one set up for about $250.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

ETA The Mission Menace is what I recommend. As much as it hurts me to recommend a Mathews product as a Hoyt fanboy , it's an excellent bow with an insane capability to grow with a shooter. Draw length goes from 17-30 inches and weight goes from 17-52lbs. It's a solid bow that will grow along with her, and you can get into one set up for about $250.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't mind spending money if it will last her.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

and a couple of beltfeds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would do it.

and a couple of beltfeds

TAG!  
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:23:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Howdy from Texas.  Thanks for the great thread that kept me entertained at work the day after Christmas.

One thing you might look at doing to supplement food is to grow perennials.  Add more fruit trees, vines, bushes, and even some perennial veggie crops.  Much less work than traditional gardens.  I've been reading a blog by a guy who uses permaculture techniques.  A lot of permaculture around the web seems to be steeped in hippie BS but this guy seems to have his stuff together.  He is working in a small backyard but I imagine his concepts are readily scalable.

http://deepgreenpermaculture.com/

Keep up the great work!

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Howdy from Texas.  Thanks for the great thread that kept me entertained at work the day after Christmas.

One thing you might look at doing to supplement food is to grow perennials.  Add more fruit trees, vines, bushes, and even some perennial veggie crops.  Much less work than traditional gardens.  I've been reading a blog by a guy who uses permaculture techniques.  A lot of permaculture around the web seems to be steeped in hippie BS but this guy seems to have his stuff together.  He is working in a small backyard but I imagine his concepts are readily scalable.

http://deepgreenpermaculture.com/

Keep up the great work!

View Quote
That sounds perfect!

Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I actually had a litter of baby bunnies die from a lung infection, so I froze them.  
View Quote

Cube those bunnies up, pour them into a mason jar, and bury it for a couple of months.

Called "tainted bait" by trappers. More attractive to fox and coyotes than fresh frozen stuff.

Bonus points if you setup on the property line with the cleaver and block then start chopping bunnies while staring wide-eyed at the neighbors and muttering "soon... soon..."

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Cube those bunnies up, pour them into a mason jar, and bury it for a couple of months.

Called "tainted bait" by trappers. More attractive to fox and coyotes than fresh frozen stuff.

Bonus points if you setup on the property line with the cleaver and block then start chopping bunnies while staring wide-eyed at the neighbors and muttering "soon... soon..."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually had a litter of baby bunnies die from a lung infection, so I froze them.  

that's a great idea on the bait, i'll do that this weekend
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 1:53:12 AM EDT
[#49]
So tell me about pruning these fruit trees?

When/how?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top