Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2016 10:42:15 PM EDT
The wife and I are planning to visit Indy this week for a couple of days just to get out of town for a bit.

It looks like my Illinois CCW has reciprocity, anything I need to be concerned about when carrying in your state?

Any suggestions on food or stuff to do in Indianapolis? I know the wife would like to do steak, I was thinking about looking for a Brazilian steakhouse. Aside from that, we are open to ideas.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There is Texas De Brazil and Fogo De Chao. I prefer TDB myself because it's touch nicer. If you want a traditional steakhouse then you want to eat at St Elmos. Lots of history and the shrimp cocktail sauce will make your sinuses feel like someone stuffed a white phosphorus grenade up your nose.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a Mellow Mushroom around Indy and they make great pizzas.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Fogo De Chao downtown for Brazilian steak house. As for carry laws, Indiana law is that you have to follow the laws from the state that issued your permit. So,for example, if no carry at home in a bar, technically you can't carry here in a bar. Most malls are posted, but all they can do is ask you to leave, so concealed means concealed.

The speedway museum is cool if you like cars. If it was warmer the zoo is pretty nice. We normally plan trips to Indy around concerts or conventions and such. Some one more local may have some better ideas on what to see while you are in town.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fogo De Chao downtown for Brazilian steak house. As for carry laws, Indiana law is that you have to follow the laws from the state that issued your permit. So,for example, if no carry at home in a bar, technically you can't carry here in a bar. Most malls are posted, but all they can do is ask you to leave, so concealed means concealed.

The speedway museum is cool if you like cars. If it was warmer the zoo is pretty nice. We normally plan trips to Indy around concerts or conventions and such. Some one more local may have some better ideas on what to see while you are in town.
View Quote

Hmm, that's interesting. Signage has force of law here, so I wonder if that would apply to me in Indy. I am not sure we will be going to many malls, so maybe it's NBD. Illinois prohibits in places that get more than 50% of revenue from serving alcohol, but requires them to post (not that it matters, I wouldn't drink and carry anyway).

Thanks for the advice on the Fogo De Chao, my wife found that one, and we may well give it a try.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup - adhere to IL law regarding CCW and enjoy your trip to Indiana. If eat at the Fogo de Chao, fast for the day - be prepared to get stuffed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#6]
How about good gun shops to visit?
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about good gun shops to visit?
View Quote

Elmore's on State Road 135 south of Indy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Good gun shops? Plainfield shooting supply, beech grove firearms, and MAYBE Bradis. I've bought metric shit loads from plainfield and Bradis both, but plainfield is my regular jaunt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top