Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2016 9:06:57 PM EDT
Guys,

I'm a driver recruiter for a trucking company, and I'm trying to recruit military veterans; those who have completed their obligation, or are in the National Guard.  I'm running into a brick wall no matter which avenue I try.  Can anyone assist?  We are looking for MOS 88M.  There's got to be a way I can directly reach Veterans... I can be reached at 219.364.6229.  The leads I receive now are pretty much for administrative positions, but what I really need are drivers.  

Thanks guys.

Erick
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
OP, have you reached out to the local ARNG or USAR units?  Also what work have you done with Camp Atterbury?  Camp Atterbury, while tiny, has a couple of agencies who may be able to at least put up a flyer/show a card.  I recommend talking to their ACS or the MFLC-numbers may come up via google.  Also, Fort Knox is the servicing SFL-TAP(the artist formerly known as ACAP) location for active duty in Indiana-contact them for info in order to get your needs out.  Additional options are the VA and some charity organizations.

Other than whatever ARNG BCT is hanging out in Indiana and some other random folks, there aren't a whole lot of 88Ms in your state.  If training comes along with all the other stuff such as competitive wages, etc you may have better luck.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
DUUUDE...

This is exactly the information I was looking for.  With some exceptions, I can pretty much hire Eastern MN, Eastern IA all the way down to the Eastern most part of Texas and all points east of that.  

I'll PM you...thanks a lot!!!

Erick
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Also add USMC MOS 3531 to your list.  

There is a magazine you might take a look at advertising in called GI Jobs (http://www.gijobs.com/) that you might consider taking an ad out in.  Alternatively, I believe the website has a message board.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top