Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:41:16 PM EDT
My dad recently passed and he has one of those stair climber chairs for elderly people going down to his basement.  Anyone know who removes these things?

Thanks in adavnce!

Tim C.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:57:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Was he a vet? If so try contacting the VA...... are you just wanting it out or trying to sell it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was he a vet? If so try contacting the VA...... are you just wanting it out or trying to sell it?
View Quote

Because there is removing it, and then there's "getting it out",  one way it could be sold the other is for the curb.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I removed one from our church a few years ago when we upgraded to a lift. It was one of the electric chairs that you sat in and it ran on a rail up and down the stairs. Removal was really pretty straight forward. Only took an hour or two to get it out. I hoped we could find an organization or individual somewhere that could use it, but we never did. We ended up scrapping it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I only ask because you'd have a hard time selling it for anything close to what they cost new being that it's an item that some insurances cover (actually the VA is the only group I know that will cover it, say what you want about the VA but they get our vets pretty much anything they want medical related.... regular insurance would consider it a luxury item and wouldn't cover it)  If you don't care about condition it should be simple enough to rip out.  Someone mentioned a church.... that might be a good option, call around see if a church would want to come uninstall it for you so they could use it in their church.... I'm assuming you could write it off on your taxes that way?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My dad recently passed and he has one of those stair climber chairs for elderly people going down to his basement.  Anyone know who removes these things?

Thanks in adavnce!

Tim C.
View Quote

I sent you an e-mail.  Depending on your location I'd be interested for a friend in need.   I'm near Vincennes, Indiana.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd love to find it a new home. It was only used a couple of times.

I'll try the VA if Vascar can't make it work.  I replied to your email Vascar. Did you get it?

TC
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd love to find it a new home. It was only used a couple of times.

I'll try the VA if Vascar can't make it work.  I replied to your email Vascar. Did you get it?

TC
View Quote

Thank you for responding, your e-mail was in my junk folder, I replied to your E-Mail.  I talked to my Friend we are definitely interested.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I donated one to Habitat for Humanity. They said they have request for them all the time. They also picked it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top