Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 11:33:46 AM EDT
I am sure that there are some Arfcomers that work at the Ford Plant. I grew in the New Albany area, and currently live in the Tulsa, OK area. What can you tell me about working at the plant? My Old Man worked there about 30 years ago. What is the starting pay? How do I apply? What kind of testing do they do for candidates. I currently work in the oil field industry making sucker rods (the part that goes in the ground and brings the oil to the surface. I am a CNC operator (glorified button pusher). I am wanting to move back to the area, and thought that the wages and benefits would be competitive with what I am currently making. Any info that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cross posting in the Kentucky HTF.

Thanks,

Jason
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Jason,
      I'm sure you know there are two Ford plants in Louisville, KTP and LAP.   KTP is ramping up now for the new aluminum super Duty. They've been adding employees the past year or more. Many more to come, hopefully.  All prospective applicants submit applications through the State employment office @ 6th and Cedar St, in Louisville.   Starting pay for production workers in about 15 bucks, I think. There is a two tier pay system, part of the last contract agreement.  The company can have, I believe, 20% of the workforce at the reduced pay rate. Then, as it exceeds 20% they move you out of the reduced rate and you procede up to 28 something, I beleive.  You'll have to check if you are interested, but it isn't the good job that it used to be. I don't think new hires are eligible for a retirement plan. (only plan would be 401k)  Reduced benefits all around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top