Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2014 6:18:28 PM EDT
I bought a 650 pound safe at Cabelas...............they loaded it into my truck and its now sitting in the garage

Anyone know a business that moves safes in Lake County?

I need it taken from the garage, and placed in the basement
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I think blythes in valpo will do.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought that Aide Rentals in Highland rented the electric stairclimber dollies that the safe movers use, but I don't see them on their website.  Might be worth a call.  http://www.indianaequipmentrental.com/index.asp
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I used DB safes in Plymouth. They moved my safe from my garage and down to the basement with no issues. It was a very reasonable price as well.

http://www.dbsafes-vaults.com
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Assuming it's not a walk-out basement get the stair-climber moving dolly and a few friends...

FWIW, I moved my cheapo (ammo safe) Sentry that weighs about 400 lbs by myself into my walk-out basement. I had them lay it down on it's back on card-board when they put it in the truck. I took the tailgate off, laid card-board over the bumper, slid it out to the balance point and carefully tippied it down then let it slowly slide to ground level by balancing it. Then I "walked" it into the basement, right through the door and into the room where it sits now.

I realize that it gets much harder as you go up in weight, but don't underestimate your ability to move something just by thinking it through.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it done.....for free

5 guys and a furniture dolly

It was HEAVY
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I moved an 800lb Liberty with an appliance dolly and 2 buddies. It can be done.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
FWIW, just this past week we (dad, brother, myself) moved a 3,000 lb TL-30 safe with nothing more than a pallet jack and fork-lift... but it would have been a much more difficult job if steps were involved. You don't move those up/down steps easily...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
What size silica cans are you guys using?

Great selection and great prices all over Ebay

I see they are rated in "gram" sizes

750 grams does a 57 cubic feet area

450 grams does a 33 cubic feet area

They have 300 gram bags, 400 gram bags, etc

I believe my safe is 60.5"H x 36"W x 25"D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top