Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 12:37:34 PM EDT
Hello all, I'm moving to Andrews AFB.  I convinced the wife not to buy a house in Maryland, but we plan on living on base for probably a year.  Does anyone know how this works?  I know you register with the Police on base, but what do you do if you leave base and you have SBRs, cans, 30 round mags, "Assault Rifles," and other gear?  I really don't understand the laws in Maryland at all.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you do if you leave base with your stuff, I Imagin go to a range and shoot shoot them.

Cans are fine, don't think I have not shot without a can in 8 years in md. No one cares, no is ever asked for their forms.

There are no real restrictions on mags for possession. Ccl is not a possibility. Lowers are plentyful, scars stuff like the cz bren are cash and carry.

stuff like the m1A is a little to risky for the state to allow to be sold. Same thing with ak47's, but don't worry ak74's are totally fine. The hk g3 is way to dangerous to have in Maryland but the g3k, totally acceptable carbine.

Need a pistol permit to buy a new handgun.

Some people register their weapons with the state police when they become residents, most dont.

The last set of restrictions is not enforced so it's kinda like worrying about being electrocuted by a lighting stroke while inside talking on a landline.

Does Maryland suck, yeah, pretty much, but it's not nj  or ny.

Best thing to do is get here go to One of the better gunships for ARs. Think 2a sales is one, engage is another and look at all the shit on the wall.

You will get a pretty quick idea that Maryland isn't going to stop you from getting the latest and the greatest
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If he is active he doesn't need to get an HQL only has to do the 4473 and the 77R for a hand gun.  But the odds of getting a wear and carry license is slim, and the rules for on base I have no clue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top