Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2016 4:05:15 PM EDT
We will be leaving soon for a week's vacation near Ocean City, MD.  I am a retired LEO with my LEOSA credentials, and am curious is Maryland LEOSA friendly? I know by the letter of the law I should be good, but after reading some of the crazy state laws regarding the carry/transportation of handguns I felt it best to reach out to some boots on the ground there.  Anything else unusual I should be aware of? Thank you so much in advance!
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
No one should mess with you, unless you were doing something crazy that would get you locked up in any state.  I work in PG County and we wouldn't.  Retired creds cover you for concealed carry.  I've never heard anything to the contrary.

Adam D.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
10-4 thank you.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No one should mess with you, unless you were doing something crazy that would get you locked up in any state.  I work in PG County and we wouldn't.  Retired creds cover you for concealed carry.  I've never heard anything to the contrary.

Adam D.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll be fine.

Unlike departments in the deep south Ive noticed that states from Maryland north provide the highest level of courtesy to active and retired LEOs.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top