Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2015 8:58:58 PM EDT
What's the opinion on building a 16 incher in 9mm with a lower that was bought a week ago.

Its not mine, I would build an sbr since I have a trust.  

My buddy really wants a 9mm and does not want to hassle with nfa.

I have been doing all sbr's since the law changed and have never really thought about it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
My only issues that a Colt 6951 9mm can be had for $1,200.  Hard to build one for less than that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry guys got busy yesterday.

The issues I was thinking about are not being hbar. Had I gun store employee suggest it was not legal because it's not hbar specifically. I think it's not .223/5.56 so it's not a copy cat. If the colt is for sale then it's legal in MD so that answers that.

He is using a spikes worthogo billet lower, so no prebuilt for this project.  It's his money, he is not heavy into ar's it's the only one he plans to ever build. Until the disease get him lol.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#4]
9mm is blowback, which is not an AR-15.

If a pistol system makes it no longer an AR, then removing the gas system completely absolutely does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top