Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2015 6:01:42 PM EDT
So,
Recently found out I'm either going to Aberdeen Proving Grounds or cutting sling on the Army.  Not sure of a few things:

1. I have a lot of ARs.  all of which are legal in the south.  they are M16A4 clones, pistol cal carbines, and 6920 types.  I also have several other guns I assume are on the list.  Is there any sort of exemption?

2.  Where is it safe?  I know nothing about the area but don't want to end up in a "weird" area.

3. Concealed carry/car carry - guessing its a no-go?

I'm sure I'll think of more later.  Any thoughtful and constructive help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Will
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You can keep your guns in your house

State police don't give a fuck what you bring in, just don't be an asshole with them. Never heard of anyone ever being checked

No concealed carry

Don't take your guns on base

IM me the places you are thinking about moving to, as there are some sketchy areas around base
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can keep your guns in your house

State police don't give a fuck what you bring in, just don't be an asshole with them. Never heard of anyone ever being checked

No concealed carry

Don't take your guns on base

IM me the places you are thinking about moving to, as there are some sketchy areas around base
View Quote

Pretty much. Even the worst area, edgewood is pretty mild compared to Baltimore.

Class 3 is shall sigh. Harford county sherif took 3 days to sign for my last can.

No concealed  carry.  Not as bad as a lot of the drama queens here in the hometown make it out to be.  Most new stuff like scars, tavors, arx's are all cash and carry.

Purchases of handguns require a hql. Think you need prints and a back ground .  Not sure as I don't need any more handguns
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Correct on needing an HQL which requires prints and a background check.
It doesn't take long to get one nowadays.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure he can bring in any AR15 5.56 rifle that isn't in an HBAR configuration.  The pistol caliber AR rifles are okay.  Might want to check on bringing government/m4 barreled AR15 rifles into the state.

Good luck and welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure he can bring in any AR15 5.56 rifle that isn't in an HBAR configuration.
View Quote

Owning is not the problem, buying one in state is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#7]
you can bring any rifle you want, as long as you owned it before oct 1 2013. if its on md's banned assault rifle list, or is semi auto and less than 29" oal, or has 2 evil features, it canot be brought into the state if it was purchased after oct 1 2013. hbar ar-15s are exempt.

link to msp's non exhaustive list of banned rifles
http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/Pages/SupportServicesBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

moving into the state you must register all your handguns and "assault rifles" with the maryland state police. you can do it electronically via their website.

new resident registration, you have 90 days after you move:
http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/Pages/SupportServicesBureau/LicensingDivision/Registration/NewResident.aspx

md also has a list of assault pistols dating back to 1994. tec 9's and semi auto macs ect. they cannot be brought into the state, even if owned before the ban date.

i would suggest looking at a home in southeast pa or delaware. you'll have about a 45 minute commute.

www.mdshooters.com has people that can answer any other questions you may have.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top