Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2015 9:01:37 PM EDT
Fellow Arfcomers, I'll be in Bel Air, MD on business starting August 2 for about 2 weeks.  Anyone have suggestions on places to eat and sights to see within driving distance?  Thanks a bunch.....
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
DuClaw!!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool, thanks Bro.  Just checked out their website, just added it to my list.  Sweet Baby Jesus is first priority.  Any cool gun stores around there?  Thanks again TDYL
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Red Lobster

All you can eat garlic cheddar biscuits
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a ton to do in Belair. There is a decent shooting range in hickory, and a better one south in White Marsh.
Duclaw is a solid food option. They just opened up a place called Beroteca which is supposed to be good. After Duclaw, my next favorite place is Red Brick station in white marsh. It's pretty similiar to Duclaw, but it's a little further south.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Looneys pub is OK.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Krow and Winch thanks a bunch for the ideas, I got them down as to do's on my bucket list.  Shooting range is a plus ( even though I can't bring my arms).  What are your opinions on visiting Atlantic Firearms in Rockville, would it be worth the drive?  Thanks again you guys.....
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:33:52 AM EDT
[#7]
If you like country music try 5 10 Johnny's. Right in Belair and they generally have live music on the weekends. Look for the specials as they are always the best. Also try Steelfish Grill behind the Harford Mall. Get the Sunset shrimp appetizer or the Jetty chicken sandwich. As far as things to do, like everyone said Belair is not exactly a tourist destination. If you do any waterfowl hunting, try Havre de Grace which is about 20 miles north. It was the birthplace of waterfowling and has a nice museum as well as a promenade to walk around the waterfront. There is also a bunch of antique stores around and most of the restaurants in town are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Drive up to Aberdeen and eat at Mamie's.  It's in the Beard's Hill Shopping Center along with Home Depot.  It's a down home, 50ish styled restaurant. It's all home cooked comfort food. The restaurant is decorated with old things you would have seen in homes of the 50's.  No 2 plates are the same, and you will never get a matched set of silverware, but the food is great.  Open face turkey or roast beef, Pot Roast, Seafood Alfredo, are just a few things that I would suggest.  Don't eat for 2 or 3 days, because the portions are enormous.  Try the Crab Dip or the Mushroom Caps with crab as an appetizer.

The place gets packed around 6pm, so I'd suggest getting there about 5pm to beat the crowds.  Service is top notch.  You won't have to wait to have your drink refilled.  They also offer a free dessert.  It's usually a piece of cake or a brownie.  I know of no one that can eat it after their meal, so most take it home.  Don't be surprised if you take home a doggy bag too, the portions are that large.

Enjoy.
Jim Smith
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Jim and LTS you guys are awesome, thanks again for your help.  I leave for a couple days so I can safely say I am in good shape (thanks to Arfcom).  Have a great week gents and I'll post updates and follow up questions later on.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Forest you're absolutely right on the Atlantic FIrearms confusion, thank you for clarifying.  I'll check out your other recommendations.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#12]
How did you do in Bel Air?  Were you able to go out and find a decent meal or 2?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top