Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2015 5:36:28 PM EDT
I only heard rumors about the place; trying to confirm whether it actually existed or not.  

Supposedly there was an indoor range on Bel Aire road; it was upstairs in a building.  And it only allowed .22.

Anyone ever hear of it?  Fairly certain it is long gone, if it was ever there at all.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:01:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I could ask my friend about it, as we both grew up in Parkville and Carney.
His brother is in his late 60's, so he might remember.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I grew up around there.   No knowledge of this.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The National Guard Armory back in the day. Also, the Marine Reserve Center as I shot there with the Calvert Hall rifle team in the 80's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The National Guard Armory back in the day. Also, the Marine Reserve Center as I shot there with the Calvert Hall rifle team in the 80's.
View Quote

Holy crap!  I shot on the McDonogh rifle team in the 80s - back when you were required to bring a gun to school  

Actually, the team guns were DCM loaners (maybe Winchester 52s?).  I shot at the AGC range too & my old coach lent me an Anschutz to use at school.

Problem was, the headmaster was a liberal, and of course, irrationally anti-gun.  So he personally called OSHA to come out and shut down the school indoor shooting range.  Our poor coach fought valiantly to keep the program alive for a year by cuting back to 3 times per week at the Catonsville NG armory range.  He also looked into air-guns, but predictably, the headmaster fought him every step of the way.  There is no rifle program anymore.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot against your school a few times. Plus, the Libby (?) match at Marriottsville. Use to ride the MTA bus with my rifle from Harford Rd to the Hall, try that today
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top