Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2015 1:03:59 PM EDT
Sorry to rehash a sore subject to Marylanders.  I just cannot figure out exactly what AR15 style rifles that I can buy legally under present MD law?  I would really like to build an AR-15 A3 from parts kits, but it is hard to find an online dealer who will ship these parts to MD.  I have tried both Sportsman Guide & CTD, neither ship to MD.  

Any and all help, suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sorry to rehash a sore subject to Marylanders.  I just cannot figure out exactly what AR15 style rifles that I can buy legally under present MD law?  I would really like to build an AR-15 A3 from parts kits, but it is hard to find an online dealer who will ship these parts to MD.  I have tried both Sportsman Guide & CTD, neither ship to MD.  

Any and all help, suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
View Quote

Any AR-15 rifle with an HBAR barrel (better if the barrel is marked as such)

Just head on down to Engage Armament in Rockville, they will build whatever kind of HBAR AR-15 you want.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You're good to go with any HBAR or AR pistol.  Some vendors don't ship parts here, find ones that do.  Tell us where you're located and we can recommend a good shop to help you out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to all who responded.  The Colt HBAR looks good.  

One more question please.  If I wanted to build my own AR15 platform rifle would there be the same feature restrictions as buying one?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks to all who responded.  The Colt HBAR looks good.  

One more question please.  If I wanted to build my own AR15 platform rifle would there be the same feature restrictions as buying one?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#5]
only if there was a store that sold guns, I imagine you could probably find a handful of md compliant rifles.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I belive you can build any sort of AR10 you want.  Same goes for any piston-operated AR (as opposed to DI.  You know what I mean.)

An HBAR is cash-and-carry after NICS.  A single-shot built on an AR receiver is cash and carry.  So theoretically, an FFL should sell a lower cash and carry-including an out of state FFL.  In theory anyway.  But it is only the law.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#8]
What about building an 80% lower? Do all of the same guidelines apply to that as do a regulated lower?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What about building an 80% lower? Do all of the same guidelines apply to that as do a regulated lower?

Yes.

With that being said, would somebody in the know  mind letting me know if what i have planned is legal? I've tried doing my own research and it appears as though I'm all good, but i want to be sure I don't violate any regs.

Anderson 80% lower
BCM upper/14.5" barrel w/ welded muzzle device bringing the barrel length to 16"
milspec 6 pos. buffer tube and Magpul CTR stock

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

With that being said, would somebody in the know  mind letting me know if what i have planned is legal? I've tried doing my own research and it appears as though I'm all good, but i want to be sure I don't violate any regs.

Anderson 80% lower
BCM upper/14.5" barrel w/ welded muzzle device bringing the barrel length to 16"

Thanks in advance!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Anderson 80% lower

Thanks in advance!

Not legal.

Since you didn't own the lower before Oct 1 2013, you can only put an hbar upper on it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 2:26:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Actually we can't tell.  Is the barrel an HBAR?  Is it marked as such?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Anderson 80% lower

Thanks in advance!

Not legal.

Since you didn't own the lower before Oct 1 2013, you can only put an hbar upper on it.

Actually we can't tell.  Is the barrel an HBAR?  Is it marked as such?

I'm fairly certain BCM doesn't sell 14.5 inch HBAR barrels.  Or in any other size.  Skimming their website seems to confirm this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I've owned the lower for over 2 years. Just haven't done anything with it. I have no way to prove that as it was a cash and carry deal.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top