Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 5:20:43 PM EDT
It's that time of year again.

https://www.facebook.com/events/772553242839283/

On February 10, 2015, MSI, the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, the National Rifle Association and other patriots will join together to lobby the Maryland General Assembly in an annual event that has come to be known as 2A Tuesday. You can help support the right to keep and bear arms by joining us in Annapolis beginning at 9AM on Tuesday, and by spreading the word to other groups across the state.

2A Tuesday is a joint rally event in support of the Second Amendment, the inalienable right to keep and bear arms, and the right to self defense. Join us and experience the real power of individual meetings with your Senators and Delegates. You can find your Senators and Delegates usingwww.mdelect.net. If you haven't yet registered to vote, this is extremely important. Do so at www.elections.state.md.us/voter_registration/

Lawyers Mall is reserved from 10am-12pm, where we will assemble to hear from our various organizations and elected officials.

Please pass the word to your local dealers, and your clubs. We need an “all-hands” approach to this event.

This will be huge, and we’re looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

WHAT IS "2A Tuesday"?

This is the day when hundreds of gun owners come to the General Assembly building in Annapolis to meet with the Maryland Legislature (our Senators and Delegates). We form small groups around in the morning, just outside the building with our legislative agenda and how MSI stands on bills (Support, Neutral, Don't support) and we ask our reps to VOTE on bills they way WE want them to vote. More information will be posted about the bills. Plan to take off work now and plan on coming. Get your friends that support the Second Amendment to Join MSI now, and ALSO plan on coming on 2/10/15!

Don't forget to show your colors and support MSI with logo gear from the MSI store.

If you are not yet a member of MSI, now is the time to Join!

#2ATuesday #MSI2A
View Quote

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f9a3fb0d5de76b58560e66d8e&id=cc140c00b6
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Emily Miller will be a guest speaker at 2A Tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Surely we can get some interest in this thread?  After all this is the major day of the year that we go to Annapolis to remind the legislators of our presence.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Hate to have to say it, but, while I do understand the sentiment, this is a futile effort.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I went last year but I doubt I'll go this year.  It's kind of tough to get off work and with Hogan as governor things like this don't seem as urgent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
With the shit bag Brian Frosh as AG, what will change?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hate to have to say it, but, while I do understand the sentiment, this is a futile effort.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
With the shit bag Brian Frosh as AG, what will change?

Quoted:
I went last year but I doubt I'll go this year.  It's kind of tough to get off work and with Hogan as governor things like this don't seem as urgent.

With this kind of thinking, no wonder we are screwed.

If we would have done this with a significant presence, in the years leading up to 2013, we wouldn't have gotten the firearms safety act of 2013.

And now it the time we can start to improve our gun laws with a Republican governor and with a new MD state police head.  We can get self defense as a valid reason for a carry permit.  We can improve our gun transport laws.  We can move towards not relying on the MD state police to perform the background checks and just rely on NICS like many other states.

If you refuse to stand up for your rights then how can you complain about their erosion?

It's time to put up.  Otherwise you may as well get up and leave and hope that what occurred in MD doesn't occur in your new state.

Just look across the border to Virginia.  Sure their legislature is relatively locked up.  But the VCDL lobby days continue to draw a smaller presence year after year.  While the anti's show up in greater numbers.  

And it doesn't help that VA is represented exclusively by Democrats in the senate.

Beware of what happened in Washington.  That tactic will be pushed in other states. (like Nevada)  Don't become complacent.  Don't ignore the anti's.  Because that is how they make gains.  They never give up, no matter how futile things are for them.  Too many gun owners/gun rights proponents are not willing to either defend their rights in the first place or continue to do so year after year.  That cannot be the trend going forward.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I will say it again, in my lifetime (I am 58) this is a futile effort.

Firearms laws are not a priority for the new governor or the MSP. Hell, they don't even know what the current laws are.

Nothing is going to change...except for the worse.

Flame away...
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I will say it again, in my lifetime (I am 58) this is a futile effort.

Firearms laws are not a priority for the new governor or the MSP. Hell, they don't even know what the current laws are.

Nothing is going to change...except for the worse.

Flame away...
View Quote

That can only happen if we let it.

How do you think VA would hold up if the VCDL didn't exist?  I'm sure there are many state legislators that would cave to the antis.  

But perhaps I am wasting my time on you since you seem to have accepted a defeatist attitude.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry 501st.

Even the NRA has no interest in MD.

I hope for change, but, we know how that usually works out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry 501st.

View Quote

The MD NRA rep would say otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sorry 501st.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sorry 501st.

Yes an no, the NRA for a time sat out until from what I saw Maryland gun owners got their collective acts together. The NRA rep was there in 2013 fighting side by side.

Quoted:
If we would have done this with a significant presence, in the years leading up to 2013, we wouldn't have gotten the firearms safety act of 2013.

I disagree look at Albany New York  with the Safe Act, the fix was in. I remember having to take time off and drive into Annapolis and filling the square . Only to have most news outlets focus on the 5 anti gun people in the entire crowd.

2A Tuesday in theory is a great idea unfortunately I don't have the time to take off of work and wish they did something on the weekend. I remember standing out in the cold for countless hours  and finally getting a chance to get inside and listen to the hearings.

I was there I fought but there comes a breaking point in everyone's life where we just say screw it im done. Especially when jobs are leaving to other states most of us will follow.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Ultimately I'm moving to Utah when I retire, while in Maryland I just want to rape the land.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes an no, the NRA for a time sat out until from what I saw Maryland gun owners got their collective acts together. The NRA rep was there in 2013 fighting side by side.

I disagree look at Albany New York  with the Safe Act, the fix was in. I remember having to take time off and drive into Annapolis and filling the square . Only to have most news outlets focus on the 5 anti gun people in the entire crowd.

2A Tuesday in theory is a great idea unfortunately I don't have the time to take off of work and wish they did something on the weekend. I remember standing out in the cold for countless hours  and finally getting a chance to get inside and listen to the hearings.

I was there I fought but there comes a breaking point in everyone's life where we just say screw it im done. Especially when jobs are leaving to other states most of us will follow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry 501st.

Quoted:

NY was in a far worse situation than MD before 2013 rolled around.  So it isn't really a comparable situation to compare to MD.  The politicians knew that despite the showing we had in 2013, they could do what they wanted and face little to no repercussions for doing so.  That may not have been the case if we had a significant presence in Annapolis in the years leading up to 2013.  The best time to act is when nothing is going on, not when we are facing imminent infringements/restrictions/erosion of out rights.

As for something on the weekend, the legislators are in annapolis only on the weekdays.  So we have to go during that time if we want to lobby them in person.  I know VCDL does their lobby day on MLK day, though I 'm not sure if that is a good choice for us in MD.  Perhaps we can select the date earlier in advance to give people more time to prepare to take off.  Though we don't want to create a opportunity for the anti's to show up on our day and dampen our message and distract people from our goals.

Even if you may not be able to show up in person, contacting your reps (even if they are anti's) on 2A tuesday is still a great help.  Snail mail is preferable followed by phonecalls and emails. (unique ones, not a form type)
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'll agree with that.  The NRA sent people here in 2013 to help us fight the legislature.

But I'll also agree it's a losing battle, we are a slow slide to holding at best.  In 2013 with ZERO AR deaths in this state they went and banned them - EVEN THOUGH we turned out numbers never before seen in Annapolis.  We had a 30:1 difference compared to the opposition.  We flooded the house such that they couldn't let anyone else into the building.  We flooded the Senate and were there to the wee hours of the morning.  At best we got a reduction in the proposed law - but things still got worse for us.

Add in the fact the Libs still control the state house, even after the recent elections - does not bode well for the citizen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry 501st.

The MD NRA rep would say otherwise.

I'll agree with that.  The NRA sent people here in 2013 to help us fight the legislature.

But I'll also agree it's a losing battle, we are a slow slide to holding at best.  In 2013 with ZERO AR deaths in this state they went and banned them - EVEN THOUGH we turned out numbers never before seen in Annapolis.  We had a 30:1 difference compared to the opposition.  We flooded the house such that they couldn't let anyone else into the building.  We flooded the Senate and were there to the wee hours of the morning.  At best we got a reduction in the proposed law - but things still got worse for us.

Add in the fact the Libs still control the state house, even after the recent elections - does not bode well for the citizen.

We were a paper tiger then.  They knew they were untouchable.  But that is changing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDzQwQsBBu4

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#16]
"Year after year after year after year"...

And this will continue with no positive change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top