Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 8:05:03 PM EDT
Does anyone know is MoCo county laws allows me to shoot my .22 rifle on my fathers property. He has just over an acre. Homes are spaced a couple acres apart.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:07:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Last I heard, I don't think you're allowed to discharge a firearm in Montgomery County unless you're at a range. But I'd like to know the actual law as well if anyone knows what's written in the books.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
You do have to be at least 150yds from an occupied dwelling unless you have written permission. That is state law.

PGCo bans gunfire unless at range. I'd bet MoCO is similar.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I live in a pretty rural area of MoCo.

Having saig that, i hear target practice all the time near me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
MoCo has no fire zones. Outside of those, I believe as long as you meet all other safety requirements, You are GTG.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:31:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Update. Found this online. Unfortunately my fathers property falls in the "urban zone" and firearms cannot be discharged at all. See the link for the entire Moco "urban zone" map. Damn his property is so close!

MoCo Weapons Law Map
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top