Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2014 9:15:51 PM EDT
The family is coming to Annapolis from Pittsburgh from the 7-11th. Where and what should we do? Good seafood places that are not uppity? Any gun shops I should visit? Open to all suggestions!!

Thanks
Joe
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Naval Academy tour should be first stop if you've never been there.  Some people also like the Paca House tours.

Londtontowe down in Edgewater is cool if you're into that sort of thing.

Good people/boat watching can be done at Pusser's Landing, but I never eat there.

The best part of Annapolis is honestly just walking around and looking at the houses and enjoying the town.  I've lived here 14 years and still find new stuff every time I go for a walk.

For seafood, do not go to Buddy's.  That's where we send the tourists so we have the rest of the places to ourselves.

I like the cream of crab soup at Acme.

Stay away from most of the restaurants on Main Street and the City Dock….period. Over priced and indifferent service.

We like Galway Bay on Maryland Avenue.  It's not "Maryland" seafood, but they have good seafood all the same.

The Point is a little bit of a drive (15 minutes) from downtown, up in Arnold, but you'll get more bang for your buck and it's right on the water, something that most Annapolis restaurants surprisingly can't offer.  Best fish and chips I've ever had, even after 3 trips to England and Ireland.  The crabs always look good there and they sell a bunch of 'em.  Decent beer selection….not overwhelming, but some decent choices.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Tallnorton! We will Defiantally try the Point restraunt. Is there any local gun places to visit?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Not around Annapolis.

Things are tough all around here as a whole since October 1 anyway.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Do the local shops honor C&R FFLs?  Its still a FFL & entitles you to buy cash & carry so long as the gun's a C&R (at least under the law.  Some folks break the law).
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do the local shops honor C&R FFLs?  Its still a FFL & entitles you to buy cash & carry so long as the gun's a C&R (at least under the law.  Some folks break the law).
View Quote

Yes they will still honor C&R's...

Unless you're a MD resident trying to buy a C&R handgun from another MD resident or dealer. Then it's handled just like any other handgun purchase.....
Yet i can go to the Chantilly show and buy whatever i want from VA dealers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top