Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2014 1:42:50 PM EDT
Any difference in 80 lower on quality I live in Maryland my buddy wants to get one thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, it's legal to posess, but milling it out and making a rifle would not be advisable after 10/01/2013.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, it's legal to posess, but milling it out and making a rifle would not be advisable after 10/01/2013.
View Quote

Since there is no identifying information engraved/stamped on the receiver, who knows when it was made?
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 5:02:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Since there is no identifying information engraved/stamped on the receiver, who knows when it was made?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and, there's the rub......
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#5]
TacticalMachining.com.  I also recommend their jig sets.  Very good quality components.

CNCGuns.com is a good resource for plans/dimensions if "your buddy," who presumably lives in another state, wants to finish them.

If "your buddy" doesn't have access to a machine mill and doesn't care to try his luck with an aluminum 80% with a Dremel (it can be done, but requires mucho patience), I'll also recommend the Polymer 80 products.

They're sold directly at polymer80.com, or through Ares Armor (which is a good company, good people, involved in their own legal battle and could deffinitely use your/our support).

Finishing those is much easier, but the polymer lower is somewhat weaker than aluminum.  But, for half the price, assuming "your buddy" just wants a light use rifle, it may be worth considering.

Finishing info can be found here (no embed; the video description contains even more useful info):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxcSlOVeXlQ
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paper trail. If ordered online, Id assume you'd use a credit card. Therefore, it doesn't matter when it was made because you would have taken possession of it after Oct. 1, 2013 I can imagine that if you'd went out of state and bought one with cash, there would not be any evidence to prove you've committed a crime. That's still treading on thin ice seeing as a gun with no serial numbers in a place like Maryland is a magnet for questions from authority who give a damn. But hey, heroin and meth is illegal too and there's still plenty of people buying, using, and not getting caught with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top