Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2016 6:22:17 PM EDT
Hello from Indiana.
I would like to pull my 31 foot camper up to Minnesota and spend a week at a full hook up sites that rents boats, so my boys and I could catch pike and walleye.
Can you please point me in the right direcrion. Google turns up too many options.
THANKS from the Hoosier state.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Alexandria, Mn has campgrounds like this.  I met my first wife at Shady Rest Campground south of Alexandria.  It is on Lake Amelia, a nice fishing and recreational lake.Shady Rest Campground
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Looking into it now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]
My best advice is to avoid Mille Lacs unless you hire a guide, but if you do hire a guide, you can get on some nice campgrounds. My mother used to bring us up there a few times a year camping.

Be aware that basically anything walleye, you have to throw back, but you get all the joy of catching it.

This late in the year, you may want to stay either northern MN or a big lake (which is northern MN).
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Itasca State Park.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Do not go to Mille Acs lake.  Period.  I would look to North Eastern MN to get the full Northwoods experience.  I would not go to Prarie lakes in the Alexandria,  St. Cloud, Fergus Falls areas. Brainard area is okay, but I think it is too touristsy.  I would look anywhere North or Duluth. Lake Vermilion is probably amongst the best best for catching lots of keeper walleye.

Pretty much any lake in the Ely area will have great fishing and a real Canadian shield lake Northwoods experience.  There are plenty of resorts on Vermilion that rent boats, and plenty of others in the Ely area as well.  

See name/avatar,  I know a little bit about fishing MN.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.lakevermilionresorts.com/lodging/campgrounds will lead you to something nice. If it was me, I'd pick a camp site on the East half of the lake. Ask how close the RV would be to the lake, nothing beats the sound of loons at dawn.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alexandria, Mn has campgrounds like this.  I met my first wife at Shady Rest Campground south of Alexandria.  It is on Lake Amelia, a nice fishing and recreational lake.Shady Rest Campground
View Quote

This.  I have a place on Big Pine by Perham, but the only campground "Golden Eagle" isn't really on the lake, but up on a hill.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hello from Indiana.
I would like to pull my 31 foot camper up to Minnesota and spend a week at a full hook up sites that rents boats, so my boys and I could catch pike and walleye.
Can you please point me in the right direcrion. Google turns up too many options.
THANKS from the Hoosier state.
View Quote

http://www.stonyptresortcasslake.com/ I'v stayed here several times, great campground, great fishing, slips for your boat
on the water.
http://www.recreation.gov/camping/crosslake-campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73141 cops campground right on the whitefish chain. on the water, every kind of fishing you could ask for, LOTS of rental places on the chain. boat up restaurants
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top