Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2016 12:58:41 PM EDT
My brother lives in Owatonna. Does anyone know of a cheap and reliable FFL in the area?

Also, anything I should know about sending a semi completed lower to Minnesota? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you selling it, letting him borrow it or are you eventually going to use it there? You can ship it to yourself without an FFL. All depends on what you are doing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
He is buying it. So it will have to be a transfer... not really sure how that works on my end though. More reading to do.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Get ahold of Chad at Texasota Sales.  I know he has a Facebook page also.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:00:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahlman's is not too far from Owatonna.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the lower a rifle lower or ?
You can rifles to the post office or common carrier Fedex / UPS. as long as long they accept from Non FFL holders
If the lower is a pistol lower
You have to send by common carrier FEDEX or UPS Next Day Air
Or you can have FFL holder us USPS on your end to ship the the FFL Priority Maild
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, it seems he has to apply for a temp permit to buy a scary black rifle... But if that's what's needed, then so be it.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll check them out. I think I have some family that shop there. I'm originally from Waseca...

Quoted:
Get ahold of Chad at Texasota Sales.  I know he has a Facebook page also.

Also, thank you. I'll give him a call.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:27:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well, it seems he has to apply for a temp permit to buy a scary black rifle... But if that's what's needed, then so be it.

View Quote
Minnesota feel good hippie BS.....

Minnesota permit to purchase is free, shall-issue, and good for one year. Covers the mean old scary looking AR-15.

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Minnesota permit to purchase is free, shall-issue, and good for one year. Covers the mean old scary looking AR-15.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry Permit is also good to go for as long as it is valid.
Cabela's is just as cheap as Ahlman's I'll bet.
You can do a search on Gunbroker for dealers and transfer prices.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Cabelas requires it to be sent from a FFL. A normal LGS ought to accept straight from me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#10]
There are two online auction outfits in town that do transfers. They both show $20 as the fee on Gunbroker.

Texasota

Aplus Auctions

I have not used either of these. The one I have used recently upped his price to $30 so I will be shopping
around next time.

Mikel Akers

Is there something special about this lower that you are going to all the trouble of shipping and transferring?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There are two online auction outfits in town that do transfers. They both show $20 as the fee on Gunbroker.

Texasota

Aplus Auctions

I have not used either of these. The one I have used recently upped his price to $30 so I will be shopping
around next time.

Mikel Akers

Is there something special about this lower that you are going to all the trouble of shipping and transferring?
View Quote

A plus is across the street from Texasota sales.  He is in the building with Otown Auction.  Chad is a great guy,  I have bought many things from him.  Last count he had around 160 items on gun broker plus the stuff he sells in his shop and on the Otown Auction site.  I highly recommend him.

Eta:  Texasota is on Gunbrokers list for FFL's.

• [/list]
    Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:03:24 PM EDT
    [#12]

Quoted:

Cabelas requires it to be sent from a FFL. A normal LGS ought to accept straight from me.
    View Quote
    I would contact Barnes gunsmithing they are located in Waseca, MN which is only about a 15 min drive from Owatonna.

http://www.barnesgunsmithing.com/

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:08:12 PM EDT
    [#13]
    Quoted:
    I would contact Barnes gunsmithing they are located in Waseca, MN which is only about a 15 min drive from Owatonna.

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

We are going with the auction place. They're only $20 for the transfer and my brother already talked with them.

Also, I'm from Waseca. Never heard of Barnes, I'll have to check them out next visit.
    Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:04:13 PM EDT
    [#14]
    I was going to suggest the auction place  or cabelas.  Cabelas is 25$ for transfer... Man for 60$ he could just buy one locally
    Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:14:07 PM EDT
    [#15]
    Quoted:
    I was going to suggest the auction place  or cabelas.  Cabelas is 25$ for transfer... Man for 60$ he could just buy one locally
    View Quote

It's a complete lower. And he lacks the tools/skill () to do his own lower so yeah. And it's nearly free for him because I'm a nice brother.
    Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:51:44 PM EDT
    [#16]
    I would be willing to help him get one together if he is interested.
    Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:30:34 PM EDT
    [#17]
    http://otownauctions.com/

Otownauctions.com does transfers for $20 too.
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top