Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2016 7:11:21 PM EDT
So tell me would you live in or around this area?
I am looking at a move from the NEast
Taxes, Pay, gun laws Beer on Sunday? ha ha ha
Whatcha got?
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't mind living there. It's kind of on the edge of the metro area, with a freeway running through it. I'm just outside the SE metro area, not too far from civilization, but far enough.

You can buy liquor on Sundays, but you have to drive about 25 miles east and cross the St. Croix to do so...

There is a GA airport in Eden Prairie.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:50:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to deliver Pizza and door to door GOTV to the east most side of EP. Most of the town is pretty quiet with mostly nice houses and Minnesota nice peeps.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys pay rate/taxes that can kill ya =======dumb laws
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
it's a nice 1st ring suburb. further west you get chanhassen chaska which are a bit cheaper. decent public schools, but big.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Medium individual income is somewhere around $65k/yr, houses are expensive, plenty of good jobs, and way too many smelly somalians as of lately.  Come to think of it, way too many clueless indians around the lake in the down town area (purgatory creek.)

We lived there for 3 years and didn't have any real  complaints other than stated above.  Lots of green spaces and trails to ride your bicycle around on.  Mostly quiet with nothing terrible exciting ever happening.  Kona grill has the best happy hour in town if you like to eat finer foods.

Chanhassen / Chaska are a better option in my eye's if you care to live that far out.  Chanhassen just had a new indoor gun range open.

We moved to the Savage / Burnsville area as it provides a better fit for our current life style.  Think off road cycling and easier access to gun ranges.

Will probably end up in Chanhassen next or Phoenix.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Chanhassen / Chaska are a better option in my eye's if you care to live that far out. Chanhassen just had a new indoor gun range open.
View Quote

It's about a hundred yards west of the Chan/EP border.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Come to think of it, way too many clueless indians around the lake in the down town area (purgatory creek.)

View Quote

Move to India and see how clueless you'd be.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
If I lived that close to Arnzen Arms I'd probably be bankrupt. Nowhere else around that carries their variety of high-end 1911's.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Still haven't figured out why Arnzen charges tax on their transfers. Nobody else in town does and it is not required (service fees are not taxed in MN... yet)

EP is a very nice burb but can be pricey if you are looking for homes. Need to shop around and be willing to do some fixing yourself. Most homes I've seen sold recently were well above $250K. Even ramblers built in the 70s.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys I am looking to get the F outta the NE I've had enough
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I live there.  It doesn't suck, but there are a lot of Somali's that live in the East side of EP in some high-density housing.  Not so much in the area I reside.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
it's a nice 1st ring suburb. further west you get chanhassen chaska which are a bit cheaper. decent public schools, but big.
View Quote

I grew up in EP.  Taxes like most metro cities are high.  I lived there in the 70's and 80's.  I hardly recognize the place.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

and you get out of hennepin county to avoid some of the minneapolis suck
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Been working in EP for 20+.
Seems nice enough, good schools.
Farther west is best IMO.
Let us know when you show.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Been working in EP for 20+.
Seems nice enough, good schools.
Farther west is best IMO.
Let us know when you show.
View Quote

Thank you still in the recon mode, this is my last move and want to make it a good one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Nothing wrong with the outer ring burbs.
I like it out farther than the burbs, you don't have to go too far to be in the country.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nothing wrong with the outer ring burbs.
I like it out farther than the burbs, you don't have to go too far to be in the country.
View Quote

I work in Minneapolis.  The drive in winter to EP from Minneapolis is half the time as the drive to Chaska.  

We almost bought in Chaska, but I tried the commute on some crappy days.  

I would rather spend time shooting pellet guns in my shop with my son than in my car commuting.  YMMV
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Just off of highway 5 and Dell on the west edge of EP in Chanhassen.  It's a really cool shooting range!!  

http://stockandbarrel.com/

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just off of highway 5 and Dell on the west edge of EP in Chanhassen.  It's a really cool shooting range!!  

View Quote

What do they charge for memberships?
(places that don't post their prices online are annoying)

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure about membership prices but it's  20 dollars to shoot unlimited guns and time.  It's less than a mile from my house and I'm going to look into a membership. But if I remember correctly it's priced to be worth it if you like to shoot.  Also, I remember them saying you can show up before normal shooting times if you are a member to get a lane.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep they are open 30 min before stated opening times for members.  Plus, members can reserve lanes up to a couple weeks in advance.
Paying the membership fee $300 bucks (THIS IS A ONE TIME LIFE OF THE RANGE FEE), and then a monthly fee of 30 bucks after that gets you unlimited shooting.  And, that is way cheaper than most other deals out there.  Heck you do not have to feel guilty about going to just function check a gun!
Plus for some you are not restricted to the open hours at the SW Metro Training Center, or driving to Burnsville, Lakeville, Osseo, Rogers, Ramsey, Forest Lake, North Branch, the three Bill's metro locations in Robbinsdale, Hudson, or Circle Pines!

A quick comparison: 4 trips to Bills would be about $80 bucks or close to a grand a year Or at best with the tokens at 20 for $250 is still $50 a month plus my time and gas.   Whereas, Stock and Barrel is $660 the first year, and $360 a year after that. IIRC correctly BPR has a deal for $450 a year, too.  

Quoted:
Not sure about membership prices but it's  20 dollars to shoot unlimited guns and time.  It's less than a mile from my house and I'm going to look into a membership. But if I remember correctly it's priced to be worth it if you like to shoot.  Also, I remember them saying you can show up before normal shooting times if you are a member to get a lane.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Evidently you need reading glasses!  
Stock and Barrel Membership Liberty

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Evidently you need remedial reading comprehension classes.

"
No hidden fees: Includes a one-time-only membership fee to get started, then only $29.95 a month"

How much is the one time fee? Not provided. Neither are rates or fees for the next tier up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#24]
NO I DON'T
S&B Liberty Membership
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM BUCKWHEAT
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#25]
NO LOOKS LIKE YOU DO
Quoted:

"
No hidden fees: Includes a one-time-only membership fee to get started, then only $29.95 a month"

How much is the one time fee? Not provided. Neither are rates or fees for the next tier up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

"

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#26]
For those that can't seem to read!

Wait for it!

A direct cut and paste!
"LIBERTY MEMBERSHIP
INTERESTED, CLICK HERE
Stock & Barrel is a next-generation firearm club providing a unique haven for owners of firearms. The Club is designed with a public shooting range in an accessible location with a premium, club-like feel throughout the facility and ground. The Liberty Membership was designed to provide you a means of access and ease of use at an affordable price. We want to make it easy for you to come in and practice, so use the range as often as you like.

Amenities for Liberty Members

Never pay a range fee again: Your monthly membership fee includes unlimited use of the range
Best value for your money: Get discounts and Members Only sales prices at our Pro Shop
No hidden fees: Includes a one-time-only membership fee to get started, then only $29.95 a month
Range reservations: Reserve your range time online and receive next available lane placement when you show up
Benefits of Your Membership

7 days/week shooting
Lane reservation
$15 FFL transfers (excludes NFA items)
"Members Only" pricing on gun rentals
Members pricing on ammunition
Members pricing on apparel and accessories
Frequent “Members Only” sales

Liberty Membership: $299 one-time membership fee, then $29.95/month"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top