Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2016 9:48:17 AM EDT
A friend told me about this place.  Two locations.

I'm going to try to get in there one of these days.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
This is pretty sad for me to say, but I live a mile from the New Hope location and drive by it all the time, haven't been in it yet.
I believe it is the old SEALED Mindset Training and Range facility. It's in the same building anyways.
Maybe I'll swing by on Saturday after the Brooklyn Park gun show.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I just stopped by tge New Hope location. They don't have much inventory yet, but they are setting up for ir. Neat, clean facility.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The website makes it look like the places might be pricey.  What did you think when you went in?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The Chanhassen location has been up since may 20th or so?  

Their membership is really reasonable, and well worth it.  
300 membership one time fee, then 30 bucks a month for unlimited trips to the range!  What a value!

The place is ritzy to say the least. For the upscale people, they have a really nice lounge!  
The Chanhassen location is accessed off of Dell Road from the east or Dakota Ave (McDonalds) closer to Dell Road entrance.  The Range faces Highway 5
Plenty of parking!  Good People that own it!  It is the third block of buildings coming from Dell Road, or the 4th block of buildings coming
from McDonald.  They have a folding sign out by the entrance during the day.  
Google Maps  See the Feed My Starving Children
location the range is in the NE corner of the next building going west.

The range goes to 25yds.  There is an option after attending their mandatory holster training class that you can draw and shoot
while using the range.  

Give it a try!

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The website makes it look like the places might be pricey.  What did you think when you went in?
View Quote
It certainly looks upscale. I have no idea if their retail prices will reflect that or not. The public range fee that I was told is on par with Bill's. The only thing I saw on their shelves was ear protection, but I was told that they would be stocking AR-15 parts.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#6]
They have long guns and handguns in stock. I am sure that some things just take time to building inventory.
The long gun racks have MSR's.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for they feedback.  I'm definitely going to check it out.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I hope they make it work.  With the loss of the range at Dakotah Sport and Fitness 8 yrs ago to fire, and not replaced. And, being that all the new ranges built have been on the north end of the Metro Rogers Osseo Ramsey Forest Lake and over in Hudson WI.  I be the are positioned to succeed in Chanhassen for sure!  

The two ranges in Stillwater area do not seem to be making progress? http://www.range082.com/
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:Their membership is really reasonable, and well worth it. 300 membership one time fee, then 30 bucks a month for unlimited trips to the range!  What a value!
View Quote

Monthly is decent but their one time fee is ludicrous. I've been a member of the Scottsdale Gun Club (one of the nicest clubs in the country) since it opened and they only charge a $49.99 one time fee which in many cases you can get waived when signing up and have similar monthly pricing. A $300 initiation fee is merely a greedy money grab up front to pay the investors.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#10]
A $300 initiation fee is merely a greedy money grab up front to pay the investors.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]
First of all it is good deal. No matter how you twist. The membership package is a good deal for a frequent shooter for sure. But, then how many of you do that?  Oh yeah we have so many ARcom members that don't want to join clubs or pay membership fees or do required work.  How sad those people are!

Next, off there were discount programs offered before opening.  Many members signed up 6 people as a group and did not pay the initiation fee.  There were discounts, too!
So you were were late for the party! YOUR FAULT!

But, then we all know that vast majority of people.  TALK ABOUT SHOOTING, and rarely do!  Shooting is a perishable skill, and it is your choice to do what you may!  But, as evidenced by most ranges whether indoors or out. The there are some of you that can not hit the broad side of a barn with #8 shot at point blank range!  
It is sad to see all the pock marks etc.... at the ranges....God only knows what you could do with a rifle at longer distances? Hmmmm.  

Oh yeah we have all the long range shooting posers!  That think their Zippidy Do Dah Uber Super TACTICAL rifles are the Cat's Meow.  But, they will not go learn to shoot it at distance? Like chrono your load and verify the dope!  Keep log books and be able to shoot cold bore shots?
Now with F Class F-TR you could be shooting your 223 and 308,and the changes in Highpower Service Rifle Competition allow for optics to 4.5 power.  You could go shoot at distances to verify your skills, at ranges out 600/500yds. Elk River has has a F Class league on Monday Nights open to the public.  There after starting at 300yds you move out to 600.  Shooting practice without joining a club. There are lots of options within a couple hours drive or the cities to shoot in competitions if only to get range time.  Gopher (Harris), North Star (Red Wing), Elk River, and Eau Claire.  All you have to do is shoot against yourself.  Soak up the information from skilled shooters in reading the wind.  Erud is very skilled shooter that posts here.  

Best arm chair commando story that I witnessed.  Was a Sunday am at Bills in Robbinsdale.   Guy drags crap onto range, with Female observer?  Mr. Macho gets all geared up with is MSR and vest etc proceeds to send rounds down range.  Funny thing was the next thing you know......the light fixture at roughly 50ft down range was SWINGING IN THE WIND!  Broken Glass all over the floor!.
That my friends takes real talent!  A real gunslinger!

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks interesting, but for that kind of monetary commitment it would be nice to have options beyond 25 yards.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#13]
The new hope one is only 30 mins away from me. I might have to look into that. I can handle the 30 bucks a month. The 300 initial fee is a hard pill to swallow but being able to reserve a lane goes a long way for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top