Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2015 6:42:51 PM EDT
I attend college hockey seldom at the Amsoil Arena in Duluth.  I know signs mean little but is it legal to carry at college sporting events?  I believe it is but wanted some reassurance.  And I know I'll get at least one comment that says concealed means concealed, but if it's illegal I won't do it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I attend college hockey seldom at the Amsoil Arena in Duluth.  I know signs mean little but is it legal to carry at college sporting events?  I believe it is but wanted some reassurance.  And I know I'll get at least one comment that says concealed means concealed, but if it's illegal I won't do it.
View Quote
I seem to remember metal detectors at Amsoil. I might be wrong though. In terms of legality, I don't know if the U of M system technically owns the Arena or not. Personally, concealed means concealed regardless.

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
If they have metal detectors, they don't work.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#3]
My cell phone sets off the detectors at the Xcel center and I still get in.

I've yet to have anyone with a wand (outside of the airport) actual have me remove items from my jacket or bag.

False sense of security.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
False sense of security.
View Quote

Shhhh!!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I seem to remember metal detectors at Amsoil. I might be wrong though. In terms of legality, I don't know if the U of M system technically owns the Arena or not. Personally, concealed means concealed regardless.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has something changed in the last few years? There was nothing illegal about carrying on college property when I was there, and so the technical ownership of the arena wouldn't affect the legality, would it?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think anythings changed.  

I believe things are different if it's a high school event though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top