Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 5:37:19 PM EDT
So, someone doesn't share the same views on immigration as some professional protester and now a local VFW is caught up in some total BS....

The story: http://wjon.com/protest-planned-for-saturday-outside-vfw-post-428-in-st-cloud/

The response from the VFW about the protester's claims (sorry, I don't have FB access for text right now)...

To sum it up quick...

Some professional protester was going to protest a speaker at the VFW on immigration, because RACISM!!!

The VFW cancelled the speaker to avoid idiocy, but too late to keep a large number of attendees from showing up.

They allowed the attendees in to have drinks and food (it's a VFW).

No racism was witnessed by the VFW staff...

However OMGRACISM lady decided the VFW lied to her and allowed the event to happen.

She plans a protest Saturday and the VFW is looking for patriotic folks to counter it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
What time? I am a life member of the VFW in Sauk Rapids.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#2]
something tells me this "protest" will be a grand total of 3 people and a half dozen signs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What time? I am a life member of the VFW in Sauk Rapids.
View Quote

Noon on the 1st.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Apparently, this Conrad woman has gotten wind of the counter protest plans and has decided to move her protest to the St. Cloud Courthouse.

http://knsiradio.com/news/local/weekend-protest-moved-courthouse/

I think it might have lit a small fire on FB, I've seen it reposted more than a few times.

The VFW is still holding the patriotic parking lot party, only now there won't be nutbags screaming racism.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Dam, was hoping they would show up for a nice screaming match. Will try to make it just to show my support.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Missed getting over there. If you went, how did it go?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Missed getting over there. If you went, how did it go?
View Quote

Sorry, it went as expected.

The VFW had an awesome show of support that filled the parking lot and went completely ignored while the handful of obnoxious derpists got front page of the local bird cage liner.

It is what it is I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top