Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2015 12:07:52 AM EDT
How is it so far? Worth trying to make it to tomorrow? Curious to whether they were able to pull off a good show to replace the big Car Craft weekend.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
6 of us took our cars up yesterday, lots of cars, lots of ppl.

Weather wise today looks like the better choice, cooler, if you love old cars, better go!
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Saturday was pretty good. I'd say on par with Car Craft. I've been going for years, so I recognize many of the cars.

Harmar Mall totally fucked up. There is usually a large gathering at the mall after the show lets out. On Friday at 9:00pm the local police and mall security started making people leave. Saturday they had many of the spots to watch cruising blocked off. They also had the parking lot blocked, and split in half, so you couldn't drive from one end to the other. I asked the security guard what was going on and he said the mall was upset that many of the people just show up to hang out and look at cars, and they don't spend money at the mall. I'm sure that Old Chicago took a huge hit in sales, based on my personal observation, because all of the available seating on the outdoor patio. I have never seen the patio that empty. I'll admit that I'm not a regular customer of the mall, but every Friday and Saturday night during the 50's or the Nationals, for the last ten or so years. I have been eating at Old Chicago, and more recently Smash Burger. As long as they are keeping people from gathering, they will never see another dollar of mine.

I am seriously considering going to the Car Craft show next year. I'll probably plan on a Goodguys event in Iowa instead of the 50's too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Weather wise today looks like the better choice, cooler, if you love old cars, better go!
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pics?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

I only took two all day.

Here's the group I went up with, mine is the black TA by the '57.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the guys first name with the Chevy coupe? If you don't mind me asking...
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is the guys first name with the Chevy coupe? If you don't mind me asking...
View Quote

Troy
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Please tell us more about the Buick.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#8]

heres my Nova at the show.

There were as many cars at this show as any of the Car Craft shows, I attended every one of them, lots of nice cars, the breeze made Saturday a perfect show day
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top