Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Listening to HF 372 testimoney now.  

https://events.qwikcast.tv/QwikCast/QwikCastEventById?eventKey=56ec96c7-941e-4bbb-a2c4-fd790b514e1f&eventPageId=1366

HF1434 starting now at 1055.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Dehn is a royal dick.

ETA: Oh Lord, Heather Martens is back! (And has no argument!! LOL)

ETA: The old man says that quieter guns don't help protect hearing

ETA: The opposition is 2 paid shrills and a senile old man

ETA: Why do these morons come out and bitch about guns in general?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The derp with that "physician"...
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
and the DERP with this lady...
"the days of elliot ness"

wtf

oh and this "protect minnesota" group can go fuck themselves. deep and hard.

EDIT: and anyone who gets up to speak and starts off with "i own guns" or anything similar and then goes on to oppose this stuff, should promptly have their guns removed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
"Actually, we are in recess"!!!

Go TONY!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Just as I supected, those opposing the bill used hate, fear and uncertainty instead of facts.  One of the aniti's did have a good point.  Only two people who supported the bill were private individuals while the rest may have something to gain from the bill.  How many private individuals showed up at the hearing?

Randy
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
EDIT: and anyone who gets up to speak and starts off with "i own guns" or anything similar and then goes on to oppose this stuff, should promptly have their guns removed.
View Quote

No can do.  This is still the USA.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
lol, good point.

oh and if you want to raise your blood pressure a little today, go check out the facebook page for this "protect minnesota" brady northern chapter.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just as I supected, those opposing the bill used hate, fear and uncertainty instead of facts.  One of the aniti's did have a good point.  Only two people who supported the bill were private individuals while the rest may have something to gain from the bill.  How many private individuals showed up at the hearing?

Randy
View Quote

Looked like dozens. Did you miss all the maroon shirts?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes I did.  I spent most of the time listening and typing what I heard into a text document so I could refer back to it later instead of watching the whole thing again later.  The only time I looked at the screen was to get the names of the people speaking.

Does the committee keep sign-in sheets so people can sign in for or against the bills?  As far as I know the WA legislature committees only publish records of those who speak although I think they keep the sign-in sheets for a while.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Soooo....  Anything assessment of a potential final outcome?

Sounds like a bunch of morons for opposition.  Still, with the current governor, I won't be holding my breath waiting for this to pass.  
View Quote
Prediction: Dies with gov Dingbat

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#13]
The room was packed.  Lots of GOCRA maroon t-shirts, in addition to other observers.  I would think that to most casual observers it was a pro-gun majority in the gallery by a large margin.

I was a bit surprised that the opposition chose time and again to go with the 'no one should have guns' position instead of 'we should continue to ban supressors' which is what the topic really was about.  Simply put, they continued to argue the wrong point, which is not part of this bill at all.  

They'll reconvene 15 min after session ends today, which should be around 4:15 if everything stays on schedule.  I plan to get back there to hear how it wraps up, in hopes of it going to vote.

In the end, I think its fair to say that the committee is pretty squarely in favor of it going to the house floor.  What I'm not sure of is how we can guage support in the general house.  If there was some decent way to identify the reps expected to oppose it (same thing for the Senate), then we could collectively seek out those people to educate and discuss prior to it going to a larger vote.

Anyone have any experience here, beyond calling just your local legislator?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I wanted to get up and speak but the opposition was called up.  I am proud to say though that I sold the Axiom suppressor to the dealer that spoke and was using it for demo.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw a link on the GOCRA page where the hearings were being streamed online, but too busy at work so I couldn't watch Anybody know where a guy could see the video later??
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#16]
what was the final vote?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Vote is coming later.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I honestly hope it's ammended and they drop the hunting part. Or allow small game or pest control.  People get touchy about deer.

That's a smaller battle that can be fought down the road.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#19]
will it be aired online and what time?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Hopefully this passes, IMO one of the best parts of the currently proposed bill is the language on CLEO signatures and as written appears to apply to ALL NFA applications...

Sec. 3.  Minnesota Statutes 2014, section 609.66, is amended by adding a subdivision
to read:

Subd. 1i. new text end  new text begin Chief law enforcement officer certification; certain firearms. new text end  new text begin (a) As
used in this subdivision:

(1) "chief law enforcement officer" means any official or designee; the Bureau
of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; or any successor agency, identified by
regulation or otherwise as eligible to provide any required certification for the making
or transfer of a firearm;

(2) "certification" means the participation and assent of the chief law enforcement
officer necessary under federal law for the approval of the application to transfer or make
a firearm; and

(3) "firearm" has the meaning given in the National Firearms Act, United States
Code, title 26, section 5845(a).

(b) If a chief law enforcement officer's certification is required by federal law or
regulation for the transfer or making of a firearm, the chief law enforcement officer must,
within 15 days of receipt of a request for certification, provide the certification if the
applicant is not prohibited by law from receiving or possessing the firearm or is not the
subject of a proceeding that could result in the applicant being prohibited by law from
receiving or possessing the firearm. If the chief law enforcement officer is unable to make
a certification as required by this section, the chief law enforcement officer must provide
the applicant a written notification of the denial and the reason for the determination.

(c) In making the certification required by paragraph (b), a chief law enforcement
officer or designee may require the applicant to provide only the information that is
required by federal or state law to identify the applicant and conduct a criminal history
background check, including a check of the National Instant Criminal Background
Check System, or to determine the disposition of an arrest or proceeding relevant to the
applicant's eligibility to lawfully possess or receive a firearm. A person who possesses
a valid carry permit is presumed to be qualified to receive certification. A chief law
enforcement officer may not require access to or consent for an inspection of any private
premises as a condition of making a certification under this section.

(d) A chief law enforcement officer is not required to make any certification under
this section known to be untrue, but the officer may not refuse to provide certification based
on a generalized objection to private persons or entities making, possessing, or receiving
firearms or any certain type of firearm, the possession of which is not prohibited by law.

(e) Chief law enforcement officers and their employees who act in good faith are
immune from liability arising from any act or omission in making a certification as
required by this section.

(f) An applicant whose request for certification is denied may appeal the chief law
enforcement officer's decision to the district court that is located in the city or county in
which the applicant resides or maintains an address of record. The court must review the
chief law enforcement officer's decision to deny the certification de novo. The court must
order the chief law enforcement officer to issue the certification and award court costs and
reasonable attorney fees to the applicant, if the court finds that: (1) the applicant is not
prohibited by law from receiving or possessing the firearm; (2) the applicant is not the
subject of a proceeding that could result in a prohibition; or (3) no substantial evidence
supports the chief law enforcement officer's determination that the chief law enforcement
officer cannot truthfully make the certification.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I saw a link on the GOCRA page where the hearings were being streamed online, but too busy at work so I couldn't watch Anybody know where a guy could see the video later??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/programa.asp?ls_year=89&event_id=881927

Quoted:
will it be aired online and what time?

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/liveweb.htm

Sounds like it will be 4:15 or thereabouts.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The room was packed.  Lots of GOCRA maroon t-shirts, in addition to other observers.  I would think that to most casual observers it was a pro-gun majority in the gallery by a large margin.

I was a bit surprised that the opposition chose time and again to go with the 'no one should have guns' position instead of 'we should continue to ban supressors' which is what the topic really was about.  Simply put, they continued to argue the wrong point, which is not part of this bill at all.  

They'll reconvene 15 min after session ends today, which should be around 4:15 if everything stays on schedule.  I plan to get back there to hear how it wraps up, in hopes of it going to vote.

In the end, I think its fair to say that the committee is pretty squarely in favor of it going to the house floor.  What I'm not sure of is how we can guage support in the general house.  If there was some decent way to identify the reps expected to oppose it (same thing for the Senate), then we could collectively seek out those people to educate and discuss prior to it going to a larger vote.

Anyone have any experience here, beyond calling just your local legislator?
View Quote

I've done it for a few topics essentially, identify the ones who may be swing people and get appointments with them and educate. The lost causes are a waste of time, but not a waste of mailing information etc. Need to hit the northern dems hard, and Senate lobbying needs to start RFN, dems control the Senate and will be a more challenging.

I'm getting married and can't devote the time but I will say, make appointments, don't lie about what you intend on talking about. Show up dressed appropriately, speak apppropreately, use real data numbers and facts.  You will be the image of the end-user of a suppressor. Act like some poaching hick, and that's what they will associate with this bill.

Bring literature they can keep, multiple copies, if an LA wants one cool hand them out like candy.

The biggest question that will be faced is the hunting part.  You or the group you represent needs to be able to have a stance on how you feel on the subject and if your group is adamant about it or is willing to make a concession on it.

We won't all agree amongst ourselves just make sure that you represent yourself the way you believe or if you are there on behalf of a group, you represent that groups interests even if they aren't in line with your own.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Did Heather Martens make an appearance?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did Heather Martens make an appearance?
View Quote

Yes...
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Ms. MarTENS was indeed there derping her usual derp.

I'm not shitting you; she actually said this...and got some well-deserved laughs from the gallery...

I would like to also point out that silencers are not designed for hearing protection. Silencers were designed to allow people to commit murder and get away with it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not shitting you; she actually said this...and got some well-deserved laughs from the gallery...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I would like to also point out that silencers are not designed for hearing protection. Silencers were designed to allow people to commit murder and get away with it.

I posted on the protect MN page and promptly got banned. Apparently a Minnesotan temporarily living 500'  from the border in ND is ND deciding MN politics..... I wonder how much money she's gotten from bloomturd
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's not true.  Dugan Ashley taught me so.

B_Saan, it appears as though the language in that bill makes LEO Sign-offs the same as "shall-issue" in that if the person is not a felon and legally eligible, they will receive a CLEO sign-off.  Is that correct?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

B_Saan, it appears as though the language in that bill makes LEO Sign-offs the same as "shall-issue" in that if the person is not a felon and legally eligible, they will receive a CLEO sign-off.  Is that correct?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the way I read it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if that would also carry forward to SBRs.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Someone should have stood up and asked that bitch if she believes soldiers and cops who use silencers to do there jobs are murderers too?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#32]
According to GOPAC HF1434 has passed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

...committee. Let's not get too carried away yet.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the plain language in that clause, it specifically applies to all "firearms" not just suppressors so by my reading yes it would require sign-offs for anyone with a Permit to Carry (a PTC holder is expressly presumed to be qualified) and anyone else without any disqualifying history.  It also protects the CLEOs/sheriffs from any liability (which is their usual fall back reason for refusing to sign-off) for signing-off and expressly defines what information the CLEO may request from the applicant.

If a chief law enforcement officer's certification is required by federal law or
regulation for the transfer or making of a firearm, the chief law enforcement officer must,
within 15 days of receipt of a request for certification, provide the certification if the
applicant is not prohibited by law from receiving or possessing the firearm or is not the
subject of a proceeding that could result in the applicant being prohibited by law from
receiving or possessing the firearm.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is our next move? I don't hear much optimism for this bill actually getting passed. Email Dayton? Email representatives again? I am unfamiliar with this process, so if those of you who understand the workings could continue to advise us, that would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#37]
“Silencers are not designed for hearing protection. Silencers were designed to allow people to commit murder and get away with it,” said Heather Martens, executive director of Protect Minnesota: Working to End Gun Violence. “If there is someone that is committing a mass shooting, if they do have the benefit of a silencer, they can claim more victims before they are caught.”

I should feel angry at this....but I can't stop laughing....
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

But the DNR has Suppressors, if we can't have them they shouldn't either

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unfortunately, Dayton will most likely not sign it because too many DFL'ers will tell him not to sign it. He's not a very independent thinker from what I have seen. Still though, if there are enough blue dogs that support it, it may have a chance. I'd say the people that we need most to contact and urge to sign are the moderate D's.

Which legislators have actually come out in print or a letter/e-mail to oppose civilian silencer ownership in MN?  In WA back in 2011 it was a non-issue for the most part.  In fact it was such a "nothing" bill that the anti-gun groups did not oppose it at all.

Randy

Unfortunately our DNR is dead set against it.  They are of the opinion that if they were legal every deer in the state would be dead before the next deer season.  They believe it will encourage poaching, trespassing and other illegal activities.  That gives Dayton the easy out of saying because of DNR recommendations he will not sign it.  I believe that if the Minnesota DNR had the authority they would ban guns from us lowly civilians.

But the DNR has Suppressors, if we can't have them they shouldn't either

We are just not the highly skilled and trained operators that they are.  Hell the last CO I had contact with was one fat lazy fuck that wouldn't even get out of his truck.  Let alone the fact that he lacked a basic understanding of the English language.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#39]
My coworker and I got there and sat down just as the committee voted for the suppressor bill. Had a nice chat with a fellow arfcommer and his wife that were sitting in front of us. Heather Martens packed her bag and left as soon it passed the committee vote.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I heard back from my representative, Dean Urdahl. It was short and sweet and read, "This legislation has my support.  Dean"
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:36:10 AM EDT
[#41]
I made this post on Protect MN's facebook page;

I watched the House committee hearing on HF1434 this morning and some comments.  It is best to limit claims to only those you can prove.  Emotional testimony is not as effective as factual evidence.  

To support the claim that silencers were made/intended for murdering people, it would be good to show some crime data.  While this can be hard to prove given that violent crime associated with silencers is so rare in the United States, it would be helpful to just find one crime in MN that supports this claim.

While a mass shooter might be tempted to use a silencer to aid in their violent spree, so far it seems none have been willing to do so in the United States.  It would be good to explain how a spree shooter could benefit by their use given that a typical firearm is still rather noisy with a silencer attached.

While most hunters have no desire to use a silencer, some do.  It is disingenuous to claim otherwise.  Since silencers are so easy to make or smuggle over the border by poachers, it should not be hard to show that they would be an increased problem if MN were to ease restrictions.  Crime data should show how often poachers are caught using silencers in MN or the USA as a whole.

Gathering a few facts would greatly enhance the testimony at any committee hearing.  Thank you.
View Quote

I hope my attack was not to subtle.  hahahahaha

Randy
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I heard a quick news blurb on this on WCCO radio today....pretty impartial, had a short quote from one person debating either side. Was kinda surprised it's getting such mainstream attention actually.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:33:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
“Silencers are not designed for hearing protection. Silencers were designed to allow people to commit murder and get away with it,” said Heather Martens, executive director of Protect Minnesota: Working to End Gun Violence. “If there is someone that is committing a mass shooting, if they do have the benefit of a silencer, they can claim more victims before they are caught.”

I should feel angry at this....but I can't stop laughing....
View Quote

It does not appear that she has much for support, even amongst her own flock.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/programa.asp?ls_year=89&event_id=881927

Thanks for the link!

I watched the whole thing in its entirety. I laughed. I cried. My favorite part was at the very end of the first session- one of the Representatives (forget his name, he looked a bit like Colonel Sanders) motioned to shelf the committee vote until they could hear some testimony from an audiologist.. to which Representative Cornish replied, "Actually, we're in recess.."
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#45]
There are some things that can be done better at the Senate hearing when it is scheduled.  I think we need less industry representatives repeating themselves and more individuals detailing why they want to own silencers.  We need hunters and casual target shooters.

I think we need to directly challenge the claim that silencers were intended to aid murders and spree shooters in their crimes.  We need to challenge the idea that silencers would greatly aid poachers or that their use would have any significant impact on poaching at all.

Here is the link to one of the finest paper ever published on silencer crime in the USA.   Criminal Use of Silencers  Someone needs to print this out, highlight portions of the text, bring it to the hearing and held up as an example of how Protect MN is full of crap when they say silencers are a threat to the safety of MN residents.  We need to ask why MN residents can't be trust with registered silencers when people is the vast majority of other states can be trusted.

Here are some good parts of the above link to bring up at the hearing;  The document is pages 44 to 57

Page 44
Most prosecutions in the federal system are for possession
of an unregistered silencer, or possession without a permit.
View Quote

Page 45
As one court noted, “possession of unregistered
silencers is a victimless crime” (U. S. v. Ritsema, 89 F.3d
392, 395 (7th Cir. 1996)). As with all victimless crimes,
we need to inquire what societal harm the law is intended
to address. The term “victimless crime” is not intended
as a value judgement; it merely describes a crime in
which there is no “victim” to report the alleged offense.
View Quote

Page 46
A silencer always extends the length of the overall
weapon, as well as increasing the barrel diameter. The
increased difficulty of concealment may make silencers
less appealing to criminals than they might be otherwise.
View Quote

Page 47

Most silencers that result in prosecution are simply
improvised devises that fit over the end of a barrel.
Professionally-made silencers may screw into a threaded
barrel, and continue to allow the use of the gun’s sights
View Quote

Page 47
Uses of Silencers
One court has blithely declared that “A silencer is
used only for killing other human beings” People v. Pen
2004 WL 859311 (Cal. Ct. App. 2004)). Other courts
have found that there are legitimate sporting purposes
for silencers (U.S. v. Stump, 1997 U.S. App. LEXIS 842
(4th Cir. 1997)). Actually, silencers are used for a number
of lawful purposes. They are often used by police to
shoot animals in residential areas. In addition to police,
grounds-keepers, janitors and private security may use
silencers to shoot rabid animals or rats inside buildings.
Silencers can be used for hunting small animals such
as rabbits or squirrels.

The most common use of silencers is for target practice.
Those who compete in competitive shooting practice
every day. Use of a silencer allows a person to set up
a shooting range in his or her basement without making
noise to disturb the neighbors. It is also said that using
a silenced firearm is helpful for first-time shooters to get
used to firing a weapon, because first-time shooters often
are disturbed by the loud noise (Paulson, 1996:14).
View Quote

Continued below.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#46]
References to Paulson are Al Paulson's reference manuals on silencers.
http://www.amazon.com/Silencer-Performance-Sporting-Tactical-Silencers/dp/0873649095/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426251976&sr=8-1&keywords=al+paulson
http://www.amazon.com/Assault-Technology-Silencer-History-Performance/dp/1581603231/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y

Page 47
Tens of thousands of
Americans each year use silencers for perfectly harmless
activities
(

such as target shooting) or even beneficial activities
(such as shooting rats and rabid animals). In any
case, the fact that the federal government and most states
permit the private ownership of silencers would seem to
represent the judgement of law-makers that silencers have
a legitimate civilian use.
View Quote

Page 47
Perhaps a question to ask is how
many people by comparison misuse silencers each year.
As will be discussed below, there only appear to be about
30 federal prosecutions involving silencers each year,
and it is very unlikely that there are more than 200 state
and federal prosecutions per year involving silencers
. It
is possible that there is much more illegal use going on
which is not prosecuted, but these numbers certainly suggest
that silencers are a minor law enforcement problem.
View Quote

Page 50
Lexis lists 65 federal
criminal filings over the last two years, suggesting that
the 15 cases a year reported in the Lexis cases database
account for about half of all prosecutions. Some people
charged will never go to trial, but the number of criminal
filings confirms that there are relatively few silencer
prosecutions.
View Quote

Page 51
Even though there are relatively few
such cases, those few cases include one armed robbery,
one assault, two racketeering, and a gang style murder.
Because there are so few serious crimes in the database,
inclusion of this handful of crimes would alter the final
data with respect to serious crimes. Murder with a silencer
is so rare
that if the doubtful murder case were
included it would increase the number of homicides committed
with a silencer by 50 percent, from two to three
reported cases in ten years.
View Quote

Page 51
The Lexis/Westlaw database contains 153 cases
over the past ten years in which the evidence suggests a
silencer was used for a criminal purpose — including unlawful
possession of a silencer where no other crime was
committed
. That gives an average of about 15 reported
cases each year, and assuming this represents close to half
of all prosecutions, one can assume 30-40 total cases per
year. This is out of 75-80,000 federal criminal prosecutions
each year. Overall numbers certainly suggest that
silencers are a very minor law enforcement problem.
View Quote

Continued below.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Page 53
In the ten-year period of this
study, there were approximately 40,000 homicides prosecuted
in federal court and considerably fewer than .01
percent involved a silencer
View Quote

Page 57
About the author:
Paul Clark received his J.D. from the University of Chicago in 2005 (with Honors, Order of the Coif), where he was
Submissions Editor of The Chicago Journal of International Law. He has a Ph.D. in philosophy from The Catholic
University of America, in Washington, D.C., and is also a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. Dr. Clark is
author of dozens of articles in scholarly and popular journals. He has clerked for Justice Robert Eastaugh, Supreme
Court of Alaska, and most recently for Consuelo Callahan on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Contact information:
Paul Clark: E-mail: [email protected].
View Quote

Keep in mind this document was written in 2007 and may be obsolete in some ways.  But since then Washington State, Kansas and Missouri have eased restrictions on silencers without any effect on public safety.

Randy
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I posted on the protect MN page and promptly got banned. Apparently a Minnesotan temporarily living 500'  from the border in ND is ND deciding MN politics..... I wonder how much money she's gotten from bloomturd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All here support comes from the Joyce Foundation. I imagine Bloomberg has given them plenty of $$$
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I heard a quick news blurb on this on WCCO radio today....pretty impartial, had a short quote from one person debating either side. Was kinda surprised it's getting such mainstream attention actually.
View Quote

The actual committee was far from one sided though. The President of GOCRA and gentleman from the American Suppressor Association destroyed what little issues the opposition brought forward. It was pretty cool to see in person, definitely signing up for GOCRA and supporting the ASA.If you have the time, I would recommend watching the video once it shows up on the archives.

Comittee Part 1
Comittee Part 2
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#50]
That gal from NRA-ILA that spoke for about ten seconds at the end of the second session...how u doin'?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top