[#1]
Fack
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will be shocked if this survives to signing.

View Quote
Why?

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Too much going on to let it die
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  

Democrats.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#6]
From the NRA's website:  Minnesota: Your Second Amendment Rights Might be Lost to Political Barter   I think they are being a bit dramatic, but it is best to contact our reps anyway.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
From the NRA's website:  Minnesota: Your Second Amendment Rights Might be Lost to Political Barter   I think they are being a bit dramatic, but it is best to contact our reps anyway.
View Quote

Agreed. Keep the pressure up. It's not over until it's over.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

NRA dramatic? Never!
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Positives waves against your negative waves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  

Democrats.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Positives waves against your negative waves.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agree fully. Keep up the pressure.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lucero and Kiffmeyer are my Rep and Senator. I'll drop 'em a note of encouragement to keep up the good fight...

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Its all about the budget at this point and the Senate is not going to convene until that is a bit closer.

The latest positioning by the DFL controlled Senate means they have less and less power to change policy at 11:59.

But, they are still quite a bit apart on funding....
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Sen. Latz says for the policy in this bill to stay in the bill, the house has to accept felon voting restoration as well....be interesting to see which side blinks on this one.  

how bad does the house want silencers, capital notification, no confiscation, CCW reciprocity change???......
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#15]
If the 2a crowd wants felons to have restoration of their gun rights, why would you block the restoration of their voting rights as well
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:12:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If the 2a crowd wants felons to have restoration of their gun rights, why would you block the restoration of their voting rights as well
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:08:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Personally.... If they cant be trusted with guns and voting g they should still be in jail.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 4:22:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Personally.... If they cant be trusted with guns and voting g they should still be in jail.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. I've tried to argue the point before, but the Thick Blue Wallers and the NIMBY's are almost as bad as SJW's when it comes to shouting down any opposition no matter how logical.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#20]
The suspense is killing me here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The suspense is killing me here.
View Quote

Then you read stuff like this:

"Legislative leaders in St. Paul might defer consideration of hefty tax cuts and transportation funding until next year."

NEXT. YEAR.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#22]
They are still hammering out the budget deal. Sounds like they now have a tentative agreement between the house and senate but now Dayton wants more money for the teachers union er education.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#23]

ACTION ALERT

The bipartisan gun rights legislation that has passed both houses by a huge majority is being held up in the conference committee over unrelated items.

Please take a few minutes and call Speaker Kurt Daudt (R) and Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk (DFL) and tell them that your rights aren't up for negotiation - send the bi-partisan pro-gun bills to the Governor for his signature.

Speaker Daudt: 651-296-5364
Senator Bakk: 651-296-8881

From Rob Doar A leader of MNGOPAC, former vice president of GOCRA:  "Please call, email, and share. Trust me, it matters, and is needed right away."

---- Edit to add: ----

NRA funded suppressor shoot to reach out to the media and legislators.
http://www.nranews.com/cam/video/cam-and-company-2015-chris-w-cox-josh-waldron-education-the-key-to-suppressor-success/list/recent-segments

5:50PM    From GOCRA:   Finally, it looks like the public safety conference committee is going to meet...after the conference committee on license plate readers. Could be another long night.
We have heard that the stalemate on felon voting has been broken, so we are asking all parties to move quickly to pass the agreed-upon Second Amendment language.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#24]
The governor may call a special session next week.  Link

Randy
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#25]
This is nice.
Link  
05/16/2015 Meeting scheduled At the Call of the Chair in Room 400S State Office Bldg.
View Quote

Randy
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Randy: Your link seems to be broken. http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/schedule/unofficial_action.php?ls=89&bill_type=SF&bill_number=0878&ss_number=0&ss_year=2015 worked for me though. You had an extra space and a missing colon after http.

May 16th  10:50 PM  Minnesota Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance
UPDATE: The public safety omnibus conference committee, which may finally take up our bill tonight, will meet at around 11:30.

But first, we get to wait for SF86 (license plate readers) to be heard in the same room. MN State Representative Dan Schoen is the warmup act, working the crowd, and even threatening to sing a duet with data privacy advocate Rich Neumeister (http://opensecretsmn.blogspot.com/).

It's another wild Saturday night of Second Amendment activism! — with Simon Gottlieb, Danny Schoen and Tony Cornish.

11:15 PM   Andrew Rothman The duet never materialized; the 10:30 LPR hearing started promptly at 11:00 PM.

11:20 PM   Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee
YOU DID IT!
The Speaker and Senate Majority Leader heard loud and clear all evening long from PAC supporters that our Second Amendment rights aren't up for negotiation.
The Conference Committee is expected to reconvene later tonight - or tomorrow morning - and pass through the Omnibus Public Safety Bill with all gun rights provisions intact.
We'll provide further updates as the evening (morning?) progresses. MNGOPAC Political Director Rob Doar is at the State Capitol ensuring that the pro-gun provisions stick.
View Quote

Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee
www.mngopac.org
www.facebook.com/mngopac

Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance
www.gocra.org
www.facebook.com/gocra
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:01:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Well hopefully. It'd be funny if on the eve I start my journey back to a free state we actually get this done
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:11:00 AM EDT
[#28]
We Won! The Public Safety / Judiciary Omnibus policy and finance bill just passed committee on a 9-1 vote, including all 5 of our supported gun bills!

Now the bills will get their final votes in the two Houses and then move to the governor's desk.

---------------------

May 17th Committee still going after midnight.

12:30 AM Rob Doar:  "Senator Champion upset that house bill format beat senate ?#?mnleg? policy and financial omnibus."

12:40 AM Rob Doar:  "Sen. Champion working hard to try and find foul play for policy he lost. ?#?mnleg?"

1:08  AM Rob Doar:  "Budget items unanimously accepted. Onto policy ?#?mnleg?"

1:15 AM Rob Doar:  "Sen. Champion moving to remove "NRA provisions". ?#?mnleg?"

Vote to remove suppressors from omnibus: ?#?mnleg?
No:
Cornish
Latz
Eaton
Hillstrom
Johnson
Lohmer
Senjem
Yes:
Champion
Dibble

1:20 AM  Rob Doar: "We're all done. Public Safety omnibus on way to ?#?mnleg? houses for confirmation then on to governor."
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:48:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Per GOCRA, the bill has passed committee. Their update says after a brief stop in the house and senate for approval, it will be off to governor mumbles desk.
Edit:beat
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:49:32 AM EDT
[#30]
The conference committee just passed SF878, including ALL of our pro-2A provisions:
The next step will be a brief stop in the House and the Senate, where the bills should pass again with no problem.
Then, it's off to the governor.
Have you emailed him yet?
gocra.mn/DaytonSuppressor
Our bills included in the omnibus are:
* Suppressor Legalization
* Emergency Powers
* Capitol Carry Notification
* Interstate Sales of Long Guns
* Carry Reciprocity
Support the group that supports your rights at gocra.mn/join

The vote is expect Sunday (later today).
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Latz voted to keep suppressors in? Holy shit this just might happen.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#32]
So just up to the governor?  I mailed him this am and will again  this afternoon
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Alright. This should be our hardest push yet... Another round of emails sent from myself and girlfriend. Let's finish strong!
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So just up to the governor?  I mailed him this am and will again  this afternoon
View Quote

The bill has not passed the House or the Senate in its current form.  It has to go back to each for approval prior to the governor getting it.  When it is this late and this big, things happen quickly.  

Randy
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Alright. This should be our hardest push yet... Another round of emails sent from myself and girlfriend. Let's finish strong!
View Quote

QFT!!!

Just finished my latest go-round...
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Another batch of emails sent.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#37]
2nd email sent to Gov. Dayton.

Everybody keep corresponding! Let's kindly let him know how many people support 2nd amendment rights in this state.

Hopefully he will change his mind on suppressors by the time the bill hits his desk.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Here we go people....  878 is on the floor!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Five of us are in the audience. I don't see any of the opposition present.

I am live blogging on my armed polite society thread.

http://www.senate.mn/media/flashvideo.php Senate media coverage.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Keep us updated please
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#42]
vote: 55-9 in favor.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
vote: 55-9 in favor.
View Quote

^ This.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Discussion in the House on SF 878 live

House floor session - part 4
Sunday, May. 17, 2015 7:19 PM

Click Here

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/schedule.asp

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Keeping my fingers crossed for yall. I am watching the live stream from the above posters link.

ETA, does not seem like felon voting is going well.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#46]
We will win this part no problem with a veto proof majority. I think the game is ours. The governor is bluffing on veto anyway.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We will win this part no problem with a veto proof majority. I think the game is ours. The governor is bluffing on veto anyway.
View Quote

Do not jinx this until it's done. Anything can still happen. Rep Cornish is doing an OUTSTANDING job of standing up for the suppressor matter.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Keep in mind that the only thing that can happen is people voting yes or no. This came back from conference, no amendments are possible. This is mostly grand standing and theater.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#49]
If it makes it out of the house ... the governor is still nuts.

All I have to say.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#50]
it passed
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top