Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2015 7:20:36 PM EDT
Wanting to drive my full size Polaris Ranger to work and back this summer, about a 5 mile commute, instead of my 3/4 ton truck on days that are nicer.

Any insight into this?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:55:01 AM EDT
[#1]
better check with your county sheriff. I had one not long ago and class II was aloud along side of rode but not on the road. Some states allow retrofit to make these road certified but don't think minnesota is one of them. I know you cannot be in the ditch with a class II like the class I UTV/atv's.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah the DNR is who actually has statewide jurisdiction over ATV's, unless there is a city or county ordinance that supersedes the state law.

Class II atv's can be on the road but must stay on the far right side of the roadway from my understanding.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#3]
We can run quads up and down the road, but they are ag licensed, and only on gravel roads.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This aint North Dakota
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In ND they can be retro fitted and made legal. I know a guy who drives his all over Fargo.

This aint North Dakota

Now now, be nice. Just another example of other states using common sense to allow there citizens to do things that this pussy comi state doesn't allow. More and more states are allowing UTV's to be used on the regular roads, with certain modifications. Easy on gas and go just as fast.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks for the link.

From what I've interpreted from that is it is legal, except:

(h) A person shall not operate an all-terrain vehicle within the public road right-of-way of a trunk, county state-aid, or county highway from April 1 to August 1 in the agricultural zone unless the vehicle is being used exclusively as transportation to and from work on agricultural lands. This paragraph does not apply to an agent or employee of a road authority, as defined in section 160.02, subdivision 25, or the Department of Natural Resources when performing or exercising official duties or powers.

So If I am in the Ag Zone, I can't be legally driving on the roadway between April 1st and August 1st, unless I'm farmer Bob.

Man this state has so many fucked up laws.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#10]
OK so I just read through the new 2014-15 ATV regulations handbook and if I'm reading this correctly it states that in the ag zone, from April 1st to August 1st, class 1 atv's cannot be operated anywhere in the road right of way, and class 2 atv's cannot be operated in the ditch.

But since class 2 atv's can be operated legally on the roadway (far right side) they can still be used during this time?

LINK

Starts on page 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top