Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2014 9:48:22 AM EDT
so....a bit shocked and pissed off that dumb and dumber got reelected.
frankin and dayton for 4 more years.....
but with the house and senate under GOP control and dayton being a follower will any good come of this?
or is the best we can hope for a stalemate to keep things form getting worse?

any chance of supressors coming up this year?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I really hoped for some movement on suppressors but I am not optimistic on any progress. Statewise the house is the only thing that makes me happy from yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#2]
You were hoping for something more from the only state that went for Mondale?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
A man can hope.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, it's 6 more years of Franken.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm over in WI. I can understand Franken, that's kind of a national thing, but I'm curious, HOW DOES DAYTON GET RE-ELECTED?

Indians? FSA in Minneapolis? I don't get it, at all. You guys are pretty much exactly like us, yet this tards keeps getting elected.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm over in WI. I can understand Franken, that's kind of a national thing, but I'm curious, HOW DOES DAYTON GET RE-ELECTED?

Indians? FSA in Minneapolis? I don't get it, at all. You guys are pretty much exactly like us, yet this tards keeps getting elected.
View Quote

Well, we had a lot of third party candidates taking from the GOP.
Dayton only got 50.08% of the vote.
So it was pretty close.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys, we gained a lot of traction with pro-gun candidates in the state house.  Were you really expecting MN to vote for McFadden (who?) or the other guy (sorry I already forgot him) who are basic nobodies???
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So it was pretty close.
View Quote

Here's the voter makeup. Need to get that farmer word out of the DFL.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guys, we gained a lot of traction with pro-gun candidates in the state house.  Were you really expecting MN to vote for McFadden (who?) or the other guy (sorry I already forgot him) who are basic nobodies???
View Quote

I heard nothing useful about whom Jeff Johnson or Mike McFadden were. I only heard that McFadden makes his money in the Bahamas, Johnson hates education and SMIII has long hair and a nice boat.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So it was pretty close.

I will never understand how they manage to carry those norther counties
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agriculture, mining unions, and Duluth area FSA.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dems are anti mining.
And farmers are "gun toting bible thumpers"
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't get the rangers either..their economy depends mostly on the mines and Nolan isn't much of a friend of them but I guess live and die by the union backed candidate....as for the suppressors, I say lets go for it...never will it be the right time or political climate..get people talking about it and who knows what will happen...a couple blue states have passed laws allowing the use of them with Dem governors signing the bills
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dems are anti mining.
View Quote

My grandma grew up in northern MN, her father taught her to vote dem no matter what. She doesn't live in MN anymore but even though she agrees with conservatives she votes dem and nothing will change her mind.

I agree that there won't be a good time to push for suppressors so we might as well get serious about it an continue pushing until we get them no matter how long it takes.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't get the rangers either..their economy depends mostly on the mines and Nolan isn't much of a friend of them but I guess live and die by the union backed candidate....as for the suppressors, I say lets go for it...never will it be the right time or political climate..get people talking about it and who knows what will happen...a couple blue states have passed laws allowing the use of them with Dem governors signing the bills
View Quote

I'm with you on that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My grandma grew up in northern MN, her father taught her to vote dem no matter what. She doesn't live in MN anymore but even though she agrees with conservatives she votes dem and nothing will change her mind.

I agree that there won't be a good time to push for suppressors so we might as well get serious about it an continue pushing until we get them no matter how long it takes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dems are anti mining.

Isn't it sad the brainwashing that messes up the ability to make ones own choices based on rational thinking?

Anywho, yeah sad to see your state put those cheese-holes back in office. Dayton seems like a real duche & Frankin is a nut-job sociopath. OP had it right, Dumb & Dumber II is what MN voted for...

Push for muffies! No reason not to have them available.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd love to have suppressors in this state, but its neva gonna happen. The same hyper-liberal idiots who keep Franken/Dayton in office will lose their collective minds with the prospect of ninja-assassin-30-cal-clapazine-assault-weapons with added mufflers. You can't educate that kind of stupid, and you can't out breed them
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Need any new residents over that way?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I heard nothing useful about whom Jeff Johnson or Mike McFadden were. I only heard that McFadden makes his money in the Bahamas, Johnson hates education and SMIII has long hair and a nice boat.
View Quote

This.  The dems are like celebriies and the repubs are nobodies.  I hadn't heard of any of those guys until they started running for office.

Similiar issue with the presidential race.  Hillary is already coming out as the dem front runner.  The repubs have no clear candidate yet.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Only big race outcome here that surprised me was Mills losing to Nolan....IIRC, both Real Clear Politics and Larry Sabato had Mills winning that one the day before the election.

The senatorial & gubernatorial outcomes could be seen a mile away.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on over brother, we all feel MN people are like part of the family over here.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Dems are anti mining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dems are anti mining.

True dat...but mining unions are pro-dem, and who do you think wants to keep the farm subsidies coming?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 2:35:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have to keep reminding myself that this state is............unique...
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have to keep reminding myself that this state is............uniquespecial...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to keep reminding myself that this state is............uniquespecial...

I fixed it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#26]
oh its special alwright....
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#28]
exciting news!!
Tony has been named as the new chairman of the house public safety and finance committee!!

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/members/pressrelease.asp?party=2&pressid=7883&memid=10757
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, Madison is filled with Wisconsin's progressive democrats.that are diluted by the rest of the state (except maybe Milwaukee)..here in MN our two largest cities, plus Duluth, are full of progressive democrats and there are not enough right thinking people in the state to counter their weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top