BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She'll change her tune once you start prancing around in it.
View Quote

Prancing? F*cking swagger yo'... :-)

Link Posted: 2/21/2014 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think the $300 guys got to pick specific sites, I only spent$ 150, but I'll be rollin in early on Friday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, the guy is good.

I wish I could find out what camp site I have.

If you did not choose one when you registered, it is first come first served in the RV or Open Areas, not a reserved numbered site when you show up on Friday or Saturday..

I think the $300 guys got to pick specific sites, I only spent$ 150, but I'll be rollin in early on Friday.

Same here. Going to try and get down there as early as possible.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Who else is completely stoked for this event?  I just bought a new STI Edge just for this!(well this and many other shoots) Has anyone else upgraded any hardware for this event?  I wait all year for this! I'm in campsite 18 iirc if anyone wants to stop by to say hi.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Who else is completely stoked for this event?  I just bought a new STI Edge just for this!(well this and many other shoots) Has anyone else upgraded any hardware for this event?  I wait all year for this! I'm in campsite 18 iirc if anyone wants to stop by to say hi.
View Quote

Stoked? Why, yes... Yes I am...

How stoked? I bought a friggin' KILT. And I'm not even Scottish!

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I probably won't have any new toys for this one.
I'll bring the Coonan along though, and I usually let anyone shoot if they ask nice.

Don't think guys with eastern european sounding names are banned from wearing kilts.
It's all about the swagger. We may have to add a Mc for the weekend anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
My last name already starts with Mc but no kilt for me.  I'll bring my Coonan as well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'll bring the Coonan along though, and I usually let anyone shoot if they ask nice.

Don't think guys with eastern european sounding names are banned from wearing kilts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have Norse ancestry going back to Romsdal... So there may have been some intermingling when the Scots tried to invade that one time... Or when vikings headed West...

No Mc.... Krueger... Family crest and all... On Mom's side... Most of Dad's side was wiped out by the holodomor and WWII...

Eff it... Kilt looks good on me. Especially with the extra gym time I've been putting in. Zon is even getting over being pissed at me for buying it when I did... :-)
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump...  
60 days out and the Tier 1 slots are all gone.  Still some of the mid level and plenty of the basic left.   The swag which is going into the grab bags is looking pretty nice..
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm glad we got in before it sold out.  I'm getting a bit itchy for this one though, the wait is killing me!
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I wish I didn't have to cancel out of the tier 1 slot I had... I just couldn't afford to take 2 days off of work on top of the capital outlay for the weekend... I'm hoping that next year will work out better for me...

Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#11]
3 Weeks out..
Just some highlights which people may not be aware of...

There will be a MRAP where people can shoot from the turret
WOLF will have some of their VEPR rifles and shotguns to demo.
DPMS will have some of their .223 rifles to demo
APPLESEED will have DPMS "mil spec" .22lr barreled rifles to demo while you try to win fabulous APPLESEED swag.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#12]
What haveyou seen for the swag bags? I know a few people are curious as to what we're going to be getting.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What haveyou seen for the swag bags? I know a few people are curious as to what we're going to be getting.
View Quote

I have not gotten confirmation, but I would expect shirts, hats, mags, patches for starters.. I can tell you that everyone will get issued chamber flags and will be required to use them including your carry handguns this year.   I will try and get more info to post..
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I have not gotten confirmation, but I would expect shirts, hats, mags, patches for starters.. I can tell you that everyone will get issued chamber flags and will be required to use them including your carry handguns this year.   I will try and get more info to post..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any word on if the next Outbreak will be here or in Alabama?
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

My understanding is that DPMS has licensed the use of "Outbreak Omega" to ZERT.  This is a ZERT event with DPMS support and not a DPMS event.  This would suggest to me that the location of DPMS may not be relevant to the future of this event.  My understanding is that ZERT may hold multiple events per year across the country providing this event goes well.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My understanding is that DPMS has licensed the use of "Outbreak Omega" to ZERT.  This is a ZERT event with DPMS support and not a DPMS event.  This would suggest to me that the location of DPMS may not be relevant to the future of this event.  My understanding is that ZERT may hold multiple events per year across the country providing this event goes well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hers to hoping it goes good for ZERT, and they have it in the same place next year...
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I put a set of atv gun racks on my stroller last night, looks like a nice addition.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Free Food, Free Camping and Free Swag for those willing to volunteer as a RSO or other support staff!!    
Anyone interested, message me for more info and requirements.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the Motley Roosters are putting up $7,500 in gift cards and donating a bunch to raffle prizes!!! Its been on their face book for a while now.

I also heard a rumor of magpul donating over $9,000 in p-mags!!

MFT I am sure will throw stuff in like last time also

CANT WAIT TIL THE ZOMBIES COME!
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone got some more scoop on what those emails were about over the weekend re:camping slots for Z-Hunter level attendees?
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone got some more scoop on what those emails were about over the weekend re:camping slots for Z-Hunter level attendees?
View Quote

It appears to me that there were some assumptions on the part of member(s) of Ahlman's staff which created some miscommunication which appears to have been resolved.  Some people who waited to register until after the 40 reserved camp sites were all taken assumed that they were only available to Tier 1 because the option of reserving a site was not available to them when they finally registered for the event.  
Parts of the E-mail made no sense like the mention of 60 camp sites in the "preferred" area.  It then provided a link to a camp site map which showed the same 40 sites which had been  available to Zombie Hunters and Tier 1 at the time of their reservation until they all filled up.  I also believe that there were people who did not realize this was now a ZERT administered event and did not understand that it would not be "business as usual".  They had likely reserved the same camp site for some number of events previously and had assumed that this same site would be available for them to reserve again this year.  These people likely complained to Ahlman's which contributed to the issue.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Just hoping they have a site for the BiL and I when we show up Friday. I chose the option, but was one of the Z-hunters that never saw the "reserve your site here" option. Was only for Tier 1 on the Outbreak reg site.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just hoping they have a site for the BiL and I when we show up Friday..
View Quote

The "General" camping area is huge.   Here is another personal opinion/perspective...   One thing to keep in mind is that none of these camp sites are "paid" sites.   The goal of the ZERT staff is to make this a fun event for all involved.  One person on a massive "reserved" site refusing to share with others if camping area is filling up will simply not fly.   I am confident that everyone who wishes to will have a place to sleep on site
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The "General" camping area is huge.   Here is another personal opinion/perspective...   One thing to keep in mind is that none of these camp sites are "paid" sites.   The goal of the ZERT staff is to make this a fun event for all involved.  One person on a massive "reserved" site refusing to share with others if camping area is filling up will simply not fly.   I am confident that everyone who wishes to will have a place to sleep on site

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just hoping they have a site for the BiL and I when we show up Friday..

Set up camp right next to the truck last time. Worked a treat...

As long as there's space, I'm really not that picky.

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Set up camp right next to the truck last time. Worked a treat...

As long as there's space, I'm really not that picky.
View Quote

I talked to ZERT staff tonight and they are confident that there is plenty of room for everyone.  They brought up a good point regarding those who are upset that they can not get the same spot they have been getting in years past.  It is WET right now and rain is predicted for next weekend.  Some of the people who are in the "wooded" areas around the Fort will likely end up moving into the open area where it is more dry anyway.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I talked to ZERT staff tonight and they are confident that there is plenty of room for everyone.  They brought up a good point regarding those who are upset that they can not get the same spot they have been getting in years past.  It is WET right now and rain is predicted for next weekend.  Some of the people who are in the "wooded" areas around the Fort will likely end up moving into the open area where it is more dry anyway.  

View Quote

Last time we set up along the tree line to the Left of the skeet range where most of the campers set up. Looking at the "Interactive Map", that looks like the "Unloading" area now.

I guess I'll find out in a couple of days...

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I just hope there is adequate and modern portajohns.

Midway through OO5 they were overflowing.  The ones at Ahlman's just don't have the capacity to take on this event without additional rented ones.
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Do we have any idea on the head count? Not worried about it, just curious.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:35:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

539 registered Shooters
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

539 registered Shooters
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

539 registered Shooters
Is that Tier 1 and Z-Hunters combined? Doesn't seem anywhere near as many as we've had in the past.

Makes me wonder how many 1-Day run-n-gunners we'll have show up in the rain...

I've never run a course of fire in a thunderstorm before. I'm just nuts enough to be looking forward to seeing how my gear holds up.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is that Tier 1 and Z-Hunters combined? Doesn't seem anywhere near as many as we've had in the past.

Makes me wonder how many 1-Day run-n-gunners we'll have show up in the rain...

I've never run a course of fire in a thunderstorm before.  
View Quote

That is reported as all Saturday shooters but does not include the several hundred spectators expected to show.  I am expecting the rain to  thin out the spectators a bit.   I personally decided to not bring my family because of it.  There are supposed to be 130 Tier 1 shooters for Friday training.   I think that the pricing is keeping some shooters away which will help keep the lines shorter for people waiting to shoot.  I don't think anyone would argue that long lines with people just standing around waiting more than shooting is a desirable situation.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Short lines are nice, I expect to run into the usual suspects, all good people.

I'm going to bring an extra tactical stroller I picked up free, and donate it to the first person who calls dibs.
It's an instep, with pneumatic tires. Most of the webbing was bad and removed, but if you have a couple atv gun racks you'll be money.
It still has the bottom basket to carry ammo or a range bag.
I even painted the rims black for that stealth look.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm going to bring an extra tactical stroller I picked up free, and donate it to the first person who calls dibs.
It's an instep, with pneumatic tires. Most of the webbing was bad and removed, but if you have a couple atv gun racks you'll be money.
View Quote

Dibs..
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Dibs..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dibs..

It's yours, see you down there.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's yours, see you down there.
View Quote

Sounds good.   Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Now if I can just pry my BiL away from the clays... Life should be good.

I never did get around to converting the old 3-wheel "jogging" stroller with mounts. May bring a "little red wagon" though. The kids don't seem to be using it and won't miss it for a couple days.

Link Posted: 6/26/2014 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#37]
The wife just picked up a NIB Thermacell for fiddy cents at a garage sale. I might have two of those suckers going this weekend.
I don't like skeeters as much as they like me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I probably should start packing. ?...oh well if I forget something is only 10 min to my house or 3 to my folks lol
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Menards had small tiki torches on sale for under $2 each. Citronella oil fuel and Deep Woods Off will hopefully round thing sout. Depednson if it's raining...
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Skeets are only bad for a few hours then tapper off
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 1:59:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Skeets are only bad for a few hours then tapper off
View Quote

I am still waiting for that taper off...
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#42]
So my thoughts on the event. Not worth it at all. $75 swag bag????? Those are those most expensive Pmags I've ever seen. 2 gen 2 pmags ($10 each), a voodoo tactical "survival" tool ($4), some stickers, a patch and a $5 gift card from a drunk vendor....... How does that add up? I am very disappointed in the whole thing, and not to mention the raffle at the end, about 10 prizes. This has fallen way off since the past years, and because of this I am sure attendance next year will be minimal. It's a good idea and it's cool to get everybody together but it was a complete waste of $150, not to mention the 5 hour drive for us. Good luck next year.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

So my thoughts on the event. Not worth it at all. $75 swag bag????? Those are those most expensive Pmags I've ever seen. 2 gen 2 pmags ($10 each), a voodoo tactical "survival" tool ($4), some stickers, a patch and a $5 gift card from a drunk vendor....... How does that add up? I am very disappointed in the whole thing, and not to mention the raffle at the end, about 10 prizes. This has fallen way off since the past years, and because of this I am sure attendance next year will be minimal. It's a good idea and it's cool to get everybody together but it was a complete waste of $150, not to mention the 5 hour drive for us. Good luck next year.
View Quote

Most of this could have been forgivable, the prizes given were pricier after all, but it felt hastily put together and didn't really have the "feel" that Outbreak 5 had. From make shift morgues, to more disembodied manaquins, there was just more to the "atmosphere" last time.

Not one single "zombie" themed target. Not that I saw. Without the skeet throwers up and running, it felt like there wer far fewer stages to shoot too.

It was still a fun shoot, the RO's still did a fantastic job in my estimation, the lines really weren't THAT bad... It just lacked that "escape from reality" feel you'd expect from a "zombie" themed shoot.

I'm avavilable to act as an Art Director for Outbreak 7....

Also, met some fantastic people there. Sorry if I waxed philosophical, but y'all did get me started... :-)

Hope to see you at the next one assuming ZERT doesn't horse-f*ck the whole thing.

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have GOT to be SHITTING me.    There had to be over 100 prizes on the board.  Did you some how miss that?  The "raffle at the end" was just for the really big shit.  Many of the big prizes had a $1K+ value.  You got a pretty nice meal and free beer.  You got early registration and a decent camp site.  Your swag bag should have had an event T-Shirt.  Some of the swag items did not arrive as promised from vendors.  The lines were short and there were some pretty cool stages of fire.   I went Tier 1 and I feel like I got my money worth and then some.  I WILL be going back next year..  
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You have GOT to be SHITTING me.    There had to be over 100 prizes on the board.  Did you some how miss that?  The "raffle at the end" was just for the really big shit.  Many of the big prizes had a $1K+ value.  You got a pretty nice meal and free beer.  You got early registration and a decent camp site.  Your swag bag should have had an event T-Shirt.  Some of the swag items did not arrive as promised from vendors.  The lines were short and there were some pretty cool stages of fire.   I went Tier 1 and I feel like I got my money worth and then some.  I WILL be going back next year..  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I am not shitting you. Have you been in past years? This prize table paled in comparison to the prior years. The T-shirt was not a part of the bag, it was separate and it was just a advertisement tool. Not zombie themed at all. Walking billboards. Nice meal? It wasn't bad but I would have gladly went somewhere else and got a meal that wasn't mostly fat. Free beer, meh. I didn't touch it. I don't know about the Tier 1 as I did not want their training. I've had training in the past from a little more well known instructors. And yea there were some decent camp sites I guess, we were on  a hill which wasn't the best and the bugs were insanity, thanks again to the 3G holster guy coming around with the fogger.
So you say some items didn't arrive on time for the bags? But yet they claimed they were worth $75...... I will gladly sell my complete bag with shirt for $75, any takers?

If DPMS were to take complete control of this and run it I may attend next year.

And yes, the RSOs were in top of it, I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
. Nice meal? It wasn't bad but I would have gladly went somewhere else and got a meal that wasn't mostly fat. .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
. Nice meal? It wasn't bad but I would have gladly went somewhere else and got a meal that wasn't mostly fat. .

Where was the fat?  That was some of the best pork loin I have ever eaten.  

Quoted:

Have you been in past years? This prize table paled in comparison to the prior years. .

This was my first year, so I could only judge it by what I saw.  I don't buy a lottery ticket believing that I will be the one to win $1 Million, and I do not come to a shoot thinking that I will win the $3000 guitar, the $2K scope or any of the other prizes worth over $1K.  There was ALOT of dollar value in prizes given away.

Quoted:
If DPMS were to take complete control of this and run it I may attend next year.

That is not going to happen.  Z.E.R.T. has payed DPMS a pile of cash to license the name.  This is the first event like this which Z.E.R.T. has run.  Certainly it was not perfect and there are things which MUST be improved, but everyone learned valuable lessons and you can bet the farm on the fact that next year will be even better.      

Looking at the big picture, a shooter can pay $75, arrive Friday morning, get a decent camp site and have a pretty good time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Most of this could have been forgivable, the prizes given were pricier after all, but it felt hastily put together and didn't really have the "feel" that Outbreak 5 had. From make shift morgues, to more disembodied manaquins, there was just more to the "atmosphere" last time.
Not one single "zombie" themed target. Not that I saw. Without the skeet throwers up and running, it felt like there wer far fewer stages to shoot too.
It was still a fun shoot, the RO's still did a fantastic job in my estimation, the lines really weren't THAT bad... It just lacked that "escape from reality" feel you'd expect from a "zombie" themed shoot.
Also, met some fantastic people there. Sorry if I waxed philosophical, but y'all did get me started... :-)
Hope to see you at the next one assuming ZERT doesn't horse-f*ck the whole thing.  
View Quote

The "feel"  is definitely something which there is room for improve.  There was bound to be some growing pains but I am confident that everyone's feedback will be taken into consideration by the Z.E.R.T. leadership and improvements WILL be made for next year.  Range safety is definitely an important consideration for everyone and I am happy to hear that people appreciated the job that was done.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#48]
The official tally was $70,000 in prizes handed out yesterday.....
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The "feel"  is definitely something which there is room for improve.  There was bound to be some growing pains but I am confident that everyone's feedback will be taken into consideration by the Z.E.R.T. leadership and improvements WILL be made for next year.  Range safety is definitely an important consideration for everyone and I am happy to hear that people appreciated the job that was done.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Serious about the Art Director thing. Promise I won't use real blood or entrails...

Well... Maybe. :-)
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I didn't go to zombie outbreak. I instead went and shot the MN state Highpower championship matches at Minneapolis Rifle club. Match fees were $35 for the weekend, which included pork chop BBQ dinner on Saturday after the match. Camped for free(including electric hookup for my trailer) from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. Shot 198 rounds with an AR15 variant in a competition where scores were kept, against other shooters that wanted to win. No random prizes were given away. The only people who won stuff were those who shot the best scores.

Best of all, I didn't have to look at a single grown man dressed up as a zombie, a post-apocalyptic zombie-hunting mercenary, or any combination of the 2.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top