Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2017 10:36:57 PM EDT
I'm in Daviess county and was wondering if anyone does any night shooting. I'm looking forward to take the plunge into night vision but it's kind of hard finding a place to shoot. A range I'm looking to join across the river from me is open at night. But there is only so much you can do on a range. I know we aren't out west and don't have any BLM land but is there some kind of public land I don't know about? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm in Daviess county and was wondering if anyone does any night shooting. I'm looking forward to take the plunge into night vision but it's kind of hard finding a place to shoot. A range I'm looking to join across the river from me is open at night. But there is only so much you can do on a range. I know we aren't out west and don't have any BLM land but is there some kind of public land I don't know about? Thanks.
View Quote

Til you find a range/location, practice dryfire. You will see a difference.

For a long time I had an AN/ PVS2, and it took a bit of getting used to, especially when used with an IR lamp or LASER.

Practice using the 'scope without illumination, then with, both in "full on" and "spot" mode, and if you have an IR LASER, play with it as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have night vision equipment as well if you would like to shoot somewhere sometime let me know. located in lex.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought an ATN X-Sight scope and would love to shoot some at night!

Rats, coyotes, hogs, pests, etc.

I have it on a canned 22 right now, but can pt on an AR, 308, even a pellet rifle.

Anyone around Lexington have a place to shoot at night?
Pest problems?
I'll donate time ammo and gear to eliminate some rats, hogs, pigeons, pests etc..

Or lets just have some fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top