Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 3:22:36 PM EDT
I'm keeping this out of GD because the signal to noise ratio would be horrid, so please respond accordingly.

A few weeks ago, a local FFL received a lower receiver for me.  When it arrived, I got an email from someone there saying it was ready for pickup.  The time between it's arrival and them contacting me was about 2 hours.
I went there, filled out the paperwork, and gave them my ccdw license and DL, and all was good.  I was extraordinarily pleased with their response and communication.  The receipt they printed for me reflected my S/N and manufacturer of the lower, and my name and address.

Last Saturday, another one arrived there and I called to see if they'd had time to put it into their bound book.  The gentleman I spoke to said "we don't receive things on Saturday" and I told him I had a signature on the tracking page so I knew he was a little off in his statement.  He said "it's here and it'll be ready in about one hour."  20 minutes later, he calls me back and informs me that something is wrong with their electronic bound book and I'll have to wait until tomorrow to let their system "update" to let my lower get logged in.

Well, I go back there just ask them and I'm told Monday or Tuesday will be the day when it "should" be fixed.

So I go back on Monday, and I ask them if their bound book software has "updated" and I'm told that "we've never received this kind of lower before" except that I informed them that the same company as this one was what you transferred to me a few weeks ago.  Now I'm being told that originally my lower was logged in wrong, and that "we will call you when it's ready."  The previous entry was listed incorrectly, but that has taken several phone calls to get it fixed.

So, am I being unreasonable to ask them do not log it into their electronic book, and just go to the paper book they have.  It's a 5 minute job to do it correctly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
<------FFL here.

You are not wrong.

Good customer service demands getting the product to the customer in the most expedient, courteous, and LAWFUL manner.

They should log your receiver into their paper bound book, disposition it out to you upon completion of the 4473 and figure the rest out on their end.

Holding up a customer for their own bureaucratic nonsense is utter horse shit.

I wish you good fortune and a speedy resolution.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I can attest to their system being ridiculous as they don't want to take the time to hand write it since their POS autoserializes the 4473....

Looks like I'll have a little visit with them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: classic arms and archery or antique and modern?
View Quote
Neither.  Not the other "LGS" that I won't step foot in again.  The problem has since resolved itself, and this is precisely why I am getting my FFL this summer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#5]
What was the supposed problem with the lower?

I had a friend/coworker with an FFL I had used for multiple transfers say he couldn't transfer a Spikes stripped lower, because it had the 'auto' marking and he wasn't a class 3!
He said he had never seen one that had the marking on it that wasn't a machine gun before.
A little patient education and a lot of convincing from me and I got it done.
I have not used him since.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:53:40 AM EDT
[#6]
The problem was it originally got logged in as Knight's and not Knight's Armament Co and they failed to get their electronic bound book updated in a timely manner.  When they told me the 2nd lower would be ready in about 24 hours, it became 5-6 days because the person logging in stuff to their bound book hadn't done it correctly the first time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top