Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 6:43:47 PM EDT
Just recently moved home to KY after 20 years away.  I used to go to a show or 2 every once in a while, but it has been 5 years at least.

I am not looking for anything specific, I just like to browse to see what's available, maybe pick up some mags or powder.  Is it even close to being worth the admission and trip (about 60 miles).

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes it is.  I might be down there looking for some parts or doing some trading.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the same boat. How does this show compare to something like the Indy 1500? Also if anyone has any good recommendations for restaurants in the area that would be appreciated as I have never been to Lexington before.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Years ago, the Indy 1500 was a great show.  I hadn't been there in a while, and went about 4 years ago.  The line was wrapped around the building just to enter.  Once in, you couldn't move.  It was like being packed in a can of sardines. The Fire Marshal should have shut the place down.  I'll never go there again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, I remember those days. Its been years since I've been to the 1500. I just remember as a kid it was the biggest show I had ever seen. I live in Bowling Green now and had never been to the Lexington show. I have the day off so I was thinking of going there Friday evening and spending the night and get to the show early. I guess I was just wondering what to expect. And as usual, always looking for a good meal. Something that's not a chain restaurant.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
This show is a drop in the bucket to the Indy 1500. Couple hundred tables is it. Its still guns and entertainment. I have bought some good stuff there before. The Somerset show is honestly better in my opinion. Some of the same people at both. If you are looking to make a trip out of it, save your pennies for the upcoming military show in Louisville on the 24th. National Gun Day on the 4-5th or as usual Knob Creek.
Its going to take about 45 minutes to walk it if you look around. Plenty of other stuff to do if you come to Lex though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#6]
While an occasional deal can be found at the show it generally sucks.  Since Trump won and there is no panic, at least not by Conservatives, there should be surplus items and decent prices on some things.  I go just to see what the dealers are displaying, not to buy anything. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The Lex shows are small. I will not go unless I get very bored (and I live 6 miles away).
You might see a good deal on something but I have not seen anything better than average deals for a long time.

Now if you are in Lex anyway, and have nothing better to do for a few hours, I would print me out a coupon and go.
https://rkshows.com/coupon/
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Nation Gun Day (Ron DICKson) show is the 4th - 5th of March.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This show is a drop in the bucket to the Indy 1500. Couple hundred tables is it. Its still guns and entertainment. I have bought some good stuff there before. The Somerset show is honestly better in my opinion. Some of the same people at both. If you are looking to make a trip out of it, save your pennies for the upcoming military show in Louisville on the 24th. National Gun Day on the 4-5th or as usual Knob Creek.
Its going to take about 45 minutes to walk it if you look around. Plenty of other stuff to do if you come to Lex though.
View Quote
glad to hear this though I'm not impressed with the prices.  Like many others, the good deals are hard to find at gun shows for the last few years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top