Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2017 8:15:10 PM EDT
I've been searching around for a good Kentucky Long Rifle and would love to find a builder or two that are actually in Kentucky.  My google-foo hasn't turned up much since any search for Kentucky and Muzzleloader or Long Rifle turns up bazillions of options since the word "Kentucky" is on every muzzleloading site out there.

I've sent an email to Marvin Kemper who is in southern Indiana real close to some inlaws I have across the river, and his work is beautiful!  But I'd still love to find somebody building in Kentucky if they're out there!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
One, or all, of the House brothers in Woodbury, KY (Butler County) have made a few rifles.  

House Brothers info
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
A few more:
Gary Tucker

Mike Miller
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions!

It looks like the House brothers are the stuff of legends but not really building for commission these days.

Gary Tucker isn't turning up much online.

Mike Miller does have a website with some examples of his work up.  I will shoot him an email.

Keep the info coming if you know of others out there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:12:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Wayne Estes in Paris, KY apprenticed to one of the House brothers. He built my long rifle and is a very friendly guy. I believe he sources his steel barrels from a gentleman in Morehead. He does all the wood work himself and probably still has some beautiful curly maple stock blanks from Tennessee. He builds very solid guns he was President of the Corps of Long riflemen several times over which is Kentucky's state level competitive BP flintlock group. I can get you his contact info.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wayne Estes in Paris, KY apprenticed to one of the House brothers. He built my long rifle and is a very friendly guy. I believe he sources his steel barrels from a gentleman in Morehead. He does all the wood work himself and probably still has some beautiful curly maple stock blanks from Tennessee. He builds very solid guns he was President of the Corps of Long riflemen several times over which is Kentucky's state level competitive BP flintlock group. I can get you his contact info.
View Quote

Please post it if you can
Top Top