Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2016 3:17:31 AM EDT
I'm located right in between these two cities and am looking for a new job/career to better provide for myself and family. I'm 26 years old and have an associates degree, also a few years telecommunications and four years LEO experience.

LEO in KY especially around my area in Kentucky aren't paid a premium to say the least. Im looking for something with better hours and at least competitive pay to what I currently make, which wouldn't be hard to match or beat, and I don't have hardly any retirement benefits where I'm at.

I also have construction, welding and retail experience from high school and my time in college. I know it's a long shot but I'm not finding much on the job websites and am willing to entertain all options since I'm still fairly young if a career change is needed . Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any leads but it sounds like you've proven you can learn and proven you can work. Keep doing that and you'll come out on top!
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#2]
LMPD (Louisville PD) is hiring.   Great pay and benefits.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#3]
GM in BG?

Remington in Etown?

very good money in blue collar work these days
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GM in BG?

Remington in Etown?

View Quote

Remington is no longer in E-town, most of that operation ended up in Huntsville.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
GM in BG?

Remington in Etown?

View Quote

Have considered GM but don't see that they're taking applications at this time. Also sadly Remington left Elizabethtown, that would have probably been a dream job.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I know Bowling Green Metalforming in Bowling Green is ALWAYS hiring, good money, great benefits, but you work damn near 7 days a week
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 2:29:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know Bowling Green Metalforming in Bowling Green is ALWAYS hiring, good money, great benefits, but you work damn near 7 days a week
View Quote

Is this what was formerly known as Magna? I know several people who work there, I may need to look into them. Do you work there?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Bowling Green Metalforming is a division of Magna, I worked there for 9 1/2 yrs, good money, great benefits, not a very family oriented place, working 7 days a week, sometimes 12hr shifts, not alot of family time
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#9]
BG's FD AND PD are one of the best paying in the state. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top