Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2016 8:09:33 PM EDT
I'm starting my vacation/staycation today and looking for some new and interesting places to eat (non chain). I don't care if it's a greasy spoon or fine dining I'm just looking for some good food.I live in Clarksville TN and looking for something within 2.5 hr drive. If there is anything else interesting in the area it would be an added bonus. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Pattis near Land Between the Lakes is excellent and if you've never been to LBL I highly recommend it. There is a free outdoor range there as well. Pretty sure it's under 2 hrs.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.pattis1880s.com/&ved=0ahUKEwjFkqz26NvPAhXF1h4KHRABCFAQ_BcIaCgDMAU&usg=AFQjCNHaIs-EA5MQ-BA5GkUXRPMOPxoArQ
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Pattis is great and has been my birthday tradition for 20 plus years. It's really one of the few places in KY that I know. I'm going to try Black Sheep Bistro in Trenton for sure, but I'm wide open almost the whole week. The wife and I thought it would be fun to try as many new places as we could.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You could go to Owensboro and eat at Moonlight BBQ, and then go to Whittakers guns.

If you go to Moonlight try the mutton and burgoo.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Whistle Stop in Glendale Ky is great. About 3 miles of I-65 about 45 min N of Bowling Green
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could go to Owensboro and eat at Moonlight BBQ, and then go to Whittakers guns.
View Quote

That sounds like a good plan, I've  always heard how nice Whittakers is. We ate at Da Vinci in Hoptown tonight and it was fantastic.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Nashville has a TON of good food.

Two Ten Jack for ramen noodles, then head to Jenni's ice cream for dessert.

City house for a damn good fusion of southern and Italian table.

Rolf and Daughters for a James Beard award winning chef.

Husk for an amazing take on southern food.

Trust me on these...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I stopped in at Uncle Lee's today and spent so long in there I wasn't able to hit Whittkars. We should have definitely got an earlier start. The staff was very friendly and the gun selection was amazing. Nothing I have ever been to had the selection they did. Moonlite was very good, the mutton and burgoo were my favorite. All the BBQ was good, but their pork still can't touch Excel. I'm definitely going to hit Whittakers soon, was sorry I missed it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pattis is great and has been my birthday tradition for 20 plus years. It's really one of the few places in KY that I know. I'm going to try Black Sheep Bistro in Trenton for sure, but I'm wide open almost the whole week. The wife and I thought it would be fun to try as many new places as we could.
View Quote

Black Sheep is certainly worth it. Just west of KY Lake is the Brass Lantern, one of our favorites.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top