Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 7:43:18 PM EDT
http://www.wdrb.com/story/32823581/investigation-underway-after-reports-that-lmpd-officers-denied-service-at-louisville-taco-bell

The LMPD officers I know are all great guys. I think they are honorable enough to respond to every call quickly, but man I wouldn't blame them if there was an unexpected delay causing a long response time to a low-priority call at Taco Bell
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
It was not a Taco Bell policy.   I doubt those clowns will be working there in the future.    Most of the restaurants do not have a ... healthy pool of qualified candidates in the Metro Louisville area from which to select employees.   Most seem to struggle with English and could not pass a basic animal obedience course.   But, by God, many sure love playing and/or watching "ball" and many can rap that hip-pity hop stuff.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, I think those teens were looking to give those LEOs a bit extra.

I do think you make a good point.    Around Louisville, most of the prople in the fast food joints are not worth what they are paid.   There are exceptions.   Chick-fil-A on average has decent staff.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I do think you make a good point.    Around Louisville, most of the prople in the fast food joints are not worth what they are paid.   There are exceptions.   Chick-fil-A on average has decent staff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those kids are almost too friendly sometimes. Qdoba near me has been pretty good too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not all the time. Do you think they will become better employees when the city demands that they be paid $15 an hour?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not all the time. Do you think they will become better employees when the city demands that they be paid $15 an hour?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I do not.   It will make the situation worse.    They will lose what little motivation they might have.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well. I can tell you that the selection of great dinners available in the hundred dollar a plate level sure is larger than the same quality in the five buck range. I have had a great dinner for five bucks but they have been few and far between. Labor is no different.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well. I can tell you that the selection of great dinners available in the hundred dollar a plate level sure is larger than the same quality in the five buck range. I have had a great dinner for five bucks but they have been few and far between. Labor is no different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I am looking for a great meal, Taco Bell is usually pretty far down on my list. I have also had some terrible meals that I paid a lot of money for. The point being, paying more does not guarantee quality of goods or service. I was not referring to the price of meals, anyway. I was (obviously) referring to the quality of the employees. Let me try it again, can you take a unwilling or unable employee and make him a better employee, just by paying more for that employee's work? The answer is obviously, "No". There are some employees that are overpaid at any salary. The problem is that if you fire them, there is no guarantee that any replacement that you can get is any better, no matter what you pay that replacement. I will agree that you might attract some better applicants if you pay higher wages, but there is no guarantee that the ones that you actually get are any better than the worst of the bunch. I have taken some pretty poor paying jobs, because I needed the money. I didn't stay very long.  I spent 30 years working union jobs that paid very good wages and a good percentage of the employees were useless. The didn't want to do anything, didn't know how to do anything and were dangerous to be around. A perfect trifecta. It was almost impossible to fire one of them, it might be a long time before you got a replacement and the replacement might be worse. So, you put up with it and make the best of a bad situation.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If I am looking for a great meal, Taco Bell is usually pretty far down on my list. I have also had some terrible meals that I paid a lot of money for. The point being, paying more does not guarantee quality of goods or service. I was not referring to the price of meals, anyway. I was (obviously) referring to the quality of the employees. Let me try it again, can you take a unwilling or unable employee and make him a better employee, just by paying more for that employee's work? The answer is obviously, "No". There are some employees that are overpaid at any salary. The problem is that if you fire them, there is no guarantee that any replacement that you can get is any better, no matter what you pay that replacement. I will agree that you might attract some better applicants if you pay higher wages, but there is no guarantee that the ones that you actually get are any better than the worst of the bunch. I have taken some pretty poor paying jobs, because I needed the money. I didn't stay very long.  I spent 30 years working union jobs that paid very good wages and a good percentage of the employees were useless. The didn't want to do anything, didn't know how to do anything and were dangerous to be around. A perfect trifecta. It was almost impossible to fire one of them, it might be a long time before you got a replacement and the replacement might be worse. So, you put up with it and make the best of a bad situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I may not have made my analogy clear enough.

Can you buy better labor with 15 a hour or 5 a hour ?

Yes there are shitty employees making 15 a hour but most are decent employees. If not you can fire them and pick from a pool of other decent candidates. Now the opposite can be said about 5 a hour labor. If they suck you can fire them and get another guy that sucks differently. Because at five bucks a hour they almost all suck. You get what you pay for. As far as the union stuff I don't think that's really an issue in this situation.

So you tell me why Taco Bell has issues with getting decent employees? Do you think if they paid more they might attract better applicants? It's a shitty job for shitty wages. It's a job for people with no other options. Keep in mind the guy we are talking about GOT the job. He was the GOOD one out of the stack. It's not like they set out to assemble a wonder team of dysfunction, but yet they consistently do.

But really what do we expect from a place that sells dollar burritos and tacos in multibillion dollar volume.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm no where close to being too good to eat at taco hell. But when my food looks like it's assembled by autistic spyder monkeys and the guy taking my order has a gold grill and sounds like little john I'm not gonna be shocked and pissy. It's not like I thought I was in hooters. I knew it was a Taco Bell when I went in the place.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can you buy better labor with 15 a hour or 5 a hour ?
View Quote

It is possible to get better... service providers, in some situations and conditions, by paying better rates... IF better providers are in the pool of potential personnel.    It is also possible to hire a better prostitute with a few one hundred dollar bills as opposed to a few tens.    However, shopping in the same markets and focusing on the same ... service providers, it is not necessarily going to yield a higher quality and more talented service provider.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Asked:
Quoted:
So you tell me why Taco Bell has issues with getting decent employees?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
So you tell me why Taco Bell has issues with getting decent employees?

Answered
Quoted:
Most of the restaurants do not have a ... healthy pool of qualified candidates in the Metro Louisville area from which to select employees.   Most seem to struggle with English and could not pass a basic animal obedience course.   But, by God, many sure love playing and/or watching "ball" and many can rap that hip-pity hop stuff.

Asked:
Quoted:
Do you think if they paid more they might attract better applicants?  

Answered:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you think they will become better employees when the city demands that they be paid $15 an hour?

No, I do not.   It will make the situation worse.    They will lose what little motivation they might have.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
But really what do we expect from a place that sells dollar burritos and tacos in multibillion dollar volume.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I suspect a few things.    First, I suspect the local population is going to have a tremendous impact on the pool of candidates from which employees are selected.   Beyond that, IF there are quality candidates presenting and from which an employer may select, I would suspect the employers will frequently select decent employees.  

Quoted:
...  when my food looks like it's assembled by autistic spyder monkeys and the guy taking my order has a gold grill and sounds like little john I'm not gonna be shocked and pissy. It's not like I thought I was in hooters. I knew it was a Taco Bell when I went in the place.

Given the above, (my above comment in this same post),   I would not expect a Taco Bell to be greatly different than a Hooters, (assuming the same percent of male/female employees), in the Portland or Shawnee neighborhoods nor along Broadway, from about first to the western termination.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top